Looking for setup documentation for the new ECG-P12S board

4craigh

New elf
Where can I find setup documentation for the new J1SYS board - ECG-P12S?
Is it the same instructions as the ECG-P12R?

Craig

viennaxmas

New elf
The connection of power seems to be the same. I am still missing information on the two RJ45 jacks - I think those are for DMX but cannot find anything.

kane

Dedicated elf
viennaxmas said:
The connection of power seems to be the same. I am still missing information on the two RJ45 jacks - I think those are for DMX but cannot find anything.
They are, but the current firmware doesn't support that. I don't have a p12s, but I'm guessing the config screens don't even refer to those ports, but once Ed has had a chance to get the code in there, there'll either be an extra screen to configure this part of it, or it will be on one of the other pages.

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
Is it necessary to hook power up to the P00 input on my P12S's considering I will have seperate EXTERNAL power to all of my pixels? I only will have the ground and data pins used on the output connectors. --Greg--

viennaxmas

New elf
The new firmware (thanks by the way) is activating the DMX ports. Now the next question is, what is the pin-out of the RJ45 for DMX? Also are there any jumpers which have to be set?

dannyp

Full time elf
Greg.Ca said:
Is it necessary to hook power up to the P00 input on my P12S's considering I will have seperate EXTERNAL power to all of my pixels? I only will have the ground and data pins used on the output connectors. --Greg--

Can you point me in the right direction as to where the latest firmware is located?

Thabks

Dr martens

New elf
So the two jacks will be able to put out one or more universe of dmx in the future
When I was setting the 12ps today the two port did show up on the software
Sorry if this is a silly ? New to all this

cozbert

Full time elf
there was a firmware update a while ago that enabled the 2x dmx ports on the p12s, if you have this you should be able to configure them.