LOR controlling DMX 30 channel Board

bevvyboy

New elf
Hi Newby here
I have a problem setting up my 16 ch lor controller to run a dmx 30 channel board
I have the program on the computer and the usb to the Enttec dongle and then from that i have a RJ45 connector going into the board (DMX IN)
I have followed the you tube videos and have no DMX signal flashing on the board
the dip switches have been tried in various start points but still no good
Do you need the crossover cable if you are using the Entec dongle? or if I was to ignore the dongle , can it be run say as follows
USB from the computer (Using the LOR RS 485 adaptor) which is then plugged into the 1st RJ45 point on the lor 16 channel controller with the crossover cable running out to the 30ch board . If this is viable can anyone please tell me or direct me step by step how to start and set it up literally from first turning on of the LOR controller
I have it set at 01 but then what ?
I have been researching this for over aweek now and to be honest I am on the verge of calling it a day with lighting control so I am Desperately trying one more attemt at finding someone that can get me started on the right track

Thank you all in advance, a very very frustrated bevvyboy

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
Is the LOR control panel running?

That is a common mistake missed by people. Does it see and make a connection with the Entec dongle?

bevvyboy

New elf
EmmienLightFan said:
Is the LOR control panel running?

That is a common mistake missed by people. Does it see and make a connection with the Entec dongle?
Yes it is seeing it on the "listener" if that's what you mean but in the Lor sequence editor ( network preferences) it's not seeing a n adaptor but it is in the network prefs when you right click on the "light bulb" does that help ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

EmmienLightFan

Is it assigned to the correct universe in the network preferences and in the sequence editor?

bevvyboy

New elf
Yes it is the only thing I don't seem to get in sequence editor is the dongle is not seen in its network preferences

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

EmmienLightFan

The sequence editor's network preferences button just launches the separate network preferences program, so they should be the same, if that is what you mean.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.