LOR Xlights Help

Baron

Apprentice elf
Hello. I need LOR help that are connected via DMX to my falcon f16v3. I have my Lor devices on the same serial port (port 1-16 and 17-32). Image posted (black image). Serial outputs are on the image on the right.

my first Lor controller port 1-16 is working correctly. But when I run my sequence, Lor controller 2 (port 17-32) does its own thing.

anything I can do to fix this or try out?

thx for your help.

Attachments

• 1A2430AA-EB77-4D62-BB15-600EDA815B02.jpeg
    1A2430AA-EB77-4D62-BB15-600EDA815B02.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • B3F05318-F860-4975-BC8C-8F5E947DB2A2.jpeg
    B3F05318-F860-4975-BC8C-8F5E947DB2A2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Generous elf
Just starting hooking up LoR via DMX myself. I'd start with a checklist like this:
1. Make sure the LoR unit IDs are set correctly
2. Make sure you uploaded to controller
3. Double check the xLights channel map, and double check the controller interpretation of it, to make sure the model you want from xLights is going to that LoR.

Not using the same controller you are, but I hit 2 bugs in this, one was fixed easily by in the xcontroller XML file and the other involves DDP channels being off by one (I haven't tracked down the exact bug, so don't know how applicable it is to others). So often pilot error, but bugs happen, step #3 will tell you if it's xLights or something you did wrong.

Baron

Apprentice elf
Just starting hooking up LoR via DMX myself. I'd start with a checklist like this:
1. Make sure the LoR unit IDs are set correctly
2. Make sure you uploaded to controller
3. Double check the xLights channel map, and double check the controller interpretation of it, to make sure the model you want from xLights is going to that LoR.

Not using the same controller you are, but I hit 2 bugs in this, one was fixed easily by in the xcontroller XML file and the other involves DDP channels being off by one (I haven't tracked down the exact bug, so don't know how applicable it is to others). So often pilot error, but bugs happen, step #3 will tell you if it's xLights or something you did wrong.
How would I make sure my Lor unit IDs are set correctly? I bought these units used so not sure how would I do that. Do you know where I can find info on that?

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Generous elf
Ah, well that's the first thing to check then. (Their position on the string doesn't matter, what matters is the address assigned to them.)

I'm assuming you don't have the commercial one that displays the ID, but something like a residential CTB16?

Now, the way I set mine, was to use the LoR hardware utility:

However, to use the utility, you can't have the LoR connected over DMX because there's no return path... it has to be using one of their serial or USB dongles or something. Do you have one of those dongles?

If not, one thing you could do would be to see if you can figure out the unit ID or DMX address it already has (maybe DMX address can be set separately from the Unit ID, but usually they are 1, 17, 33, 49, 65, etc.). I'd check to see if someone labeled it with a sharpie - that's what I do to mine. Failing that, just try the 16 unit IDs until it responds to one, or the DMX start addresses, then label it with a sharpie.

There are another couple of options... one is to use the jumper to reset the ID to 1. Use a display board attached to the header to see the current ID / start address and adjust it.

Baron

Apprentice elf
Ah, well that's the first thing to check then. (Their position on the string doesn't matter, what matters is the address assigned to them.)

I'm assuming you don't have the commercial one that displays the ID, but something like a residential CTB16?

Now, the way I set mine, was to use the LoR hardware utility:

However, to use the utility, you can't have the LoR connected over DMX because there's no return path... it has to be using one of their serial or USB dongles or something. Do you have one of those dongles?

If not, one thing you could do would be to see if you can figure out the unit ID or DMX address it already has (maybe DMX address can be set separately from the Unit ID, but usually they are 1, 17, 33, 49, 65, etc.). I'd check to see if someone labeled it with a sharpie - that's what I do to mine. Failing that, just try the 16 unit IDs until it responds to one, or the DMX start addresses, then label it with a sharpie.

There are another couple of options... one is to use the jumper to reset the ID to 1. Use a display board attached to the header to see the current ID / start address and adjust it.
Okay you win!!! What it was - my first box was actually 17-32, box 2 was 33-48
So they work amazing now.
Thx for your help.