Lsp killed my lights?

Binkles

Full time elf
I decided after a couple of hours of playing with hls that I would give lsp one last to before my trial ran out.

I fired it up, set up a controller for my p2 and checked with the test pattern. The first block lit up, and then all of a sudden, it dropped the last two, and lit up two at random higher up.

Didn't think much of it, turned the test off, tried the next bank, nope wouldn't turn on.

Tried the first bank again, nothing came on.

Ok decided, that's enough lsp, I've never had much joy with it, go back to hls.

Run my sequence in hls... No lights...

Nothing starts. Reboot the system, start hls, now I have 3 pixels that have lost a colour.

This tree has probably been going for close to 100 hours all up, with two 12 hour runs.

Had been working for 2 hours before I fired up lsp.

Is it even possible? I don't think it would be, but I've changed nothing else.

I've tried soldering over the ic and resistors, but those colours still don't come back.

I'm going to have to buy a new reel as I'm not trying to transplant three in different spots. (Not specifically because of this, but I'm out of spares).

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I wouldn't have thought that it would be possible. If you post details on the specific pixels (link), the settings in LSP and the settings in your P2 someone with more knowledge of those 3 things than me might be able to see if there is any issues.

Binkles

Full time elf
I figured its whenever I fight with my wife, and also best friend my lights break down.

Sorted out the argument, and somehow everything is working again, though having said that, I've now also got an expired trial.

I really didn't think it had, it was just random that whatever happened happened.

I'm still a bit wary as to why they died, and also why they arose from the dead.

Ps.

Wish I got the clap earlier in life...,

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Lsp killed my lights? (No software can do this)

No software can cause this at all. It would more likely be something to do with a hardware connection or even a setup issue, but LSP cant damage any lights just as any other software cant damage your pixels.