LSP Scheduler question

burner

Full time elf
Today, I changed the audio of one of my songs in audacity (made it 15db louder) and then opened my LSP sequence and replaced the song and saved it. I then deleted that song from my schedule, clicked o.k. and then went back into the schedule and then re-added the song.

During tonight's testing, the first 3 songs played o.k., then when it came to this sequence, the music played but no lights showed up. After that song finished, the schedule continued on it's merry way with lights on again.

Is there a process to replacing/updating the sequences in the scheduler?

I've just made another small change to another song that I noticed now (RGB channel orientation on 1 element), and I'm going to try deleting the show, then deleting %temp%\* and then I'll re-create it.

burner

Full time elf
1 last thing, I also noticed that there is a very long lag between each sequence (around 30-45 seconds) where we stand in complete darkness. This wasn't the case last year. Anyone else notice this? Is there a fix?

burner

Full time elf
Further to this, I have now deleted all the files from the following locations:
c:\windows\temp
%temp%

I can successfully play this sequence through the LSP sequencer correctly.
Now when I import it into the scheduler, it believes the song is 1:53 whereas it's actually 2:35. It then speeds up the song during playback and it's completely out of sync with the music. Has anyone seen this?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yes, you might want to confirm the bitrate settings for your MP3. normally if the song is playing twice as fast (Beacy can confirm this) it is because you have encoded the file different then 128 / 44000.

What you need to realise, is LSP decodes the audio file when you load it into LSP (i believe it decodes to WAV format for use) so if there are irregularities in the encoding, then that will cause it

burner

Full time elf
I think my version of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy is borked. When I use my original version, it shows up in the sequencer as 2:35 and plays well through that (and even outputs fine to the lights). When I put it into the scheduler it imports as 1:53.

When I convert it through Audacity to 128kb, 44.1Htz and up the volume by 15db and then import into my sequencer, the sequencer compresses my show down to 1:53 and the scheduler imports it as 2:35.

Does anyone have a working copy of this file as an mp3, similar to this video: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy - 2012 that they could make available for me to download?

I don't want to dump this song now that I've spent all the hours sequencing it.