LSP services process running amok

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I did post this in the LSP forum 2 days ago and have had zero responses/suggestions so I am trying my luck here.

A few weeks ago while sequencing on my laptop, one of the songs I sequenced last year (The Fox) started playing spontaneously. Once finished it would start up again every few minutes. After much investigating I found I could stop it by ending the lightshowpro services process. However about 15 mins later, the LSP services process would start up again and play the fox again . I deleted LSP sequencer and scheduler, rebooted the computer and then reloaded the programs. I thought that had fixed the problem but again tonight, whilst trying to play one of the songs I have sequenced this year, the fox started up again. This time I deleted the song from the computer. However, while trying to test one of my sequences in the garage, all the lights on the elements were flashing rapidly as the sequence played. After checking multiple possible causes, I again found the LSP services process running. I stopped it running and the lights on my elements stopped flashing and played correctly. That was until the LSP services process started up again and the lights went back to flashing.

Any help appreciated.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
cozbert said:
almost sounds like you still have a schedule set up from last year

That's what I thought also. When it happens, scheduler isn't running, only the sequencer and it still happened after I deleted the scheduler and reinstalled it. I checked scheduler and there is nothing in the calendar or settings to suggest something should start running. It's very weird.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it again, you are probably right because when I was testing my lights, my non musical sequence that ran on my mega tree last year after the music sequences have finished, showed up on the tree so it certainly is trying to run last years show all by itself. Just not sure how to stop it happening.

arw01

Full time elf
Burrow down in the program files/minleon folders, you will find the scheduler optimized files. If they go away there is nothing to play, but still must have an old "appointment" the lightshowprohelper.dll is finding and running.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I feel that this should happen to anyone who has sequenced to Gangnam Style and also The Fox. It'd be poetic justice :smirk:

logandc99

Dedicated elf
arw01 said:
Burrow down in the program files/minleon folders, you will find the scheduler optimized files. If they go away there is nothing to play, but still must have an old "appointment" the lightshowprohelper.dll is finding and running.

Will do. Thanks

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I feel that this should happen to anyone who has sequenced to Gangnam Style and also The Fox. It'd be poetic justice :smirk:

Oooh, harsh! [emoji4].
I agree on Gangman style but as I did The Fox, I have to disagree on principal.
Still, my YouTube video of my display doing The Fox has climbed to just over 18,000 views so can't all be bad.

Im guessing you won't be doing The Truckers Hitch this year then. [emoji1]

mborg10

Michael Borg

Oooh, harsh! [emoji4].
Still, my YouTube video of my display doing The Fox has climbed to just over 18,000 views so can't all be bad.

Soooo is "let it go" this years wannabe Christmas song. 18,000 views is great. Do you get any cash for that or because you don't own the music you void any profit.

The way I see it, you give the people what they want but most people have bad taste haha

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
logandc99 said:
AAH said:
I feel that this should happen to anyone who has sequenced to Gangnam Style and also The Fox. It'd be poetic justice
devilish.png

Oooh, harsh! [emoji4].

Soooo is "let it go" this years wannabe Christmas song. 18,000 views is great. Do you get any cash for that or because you don't own the music you void any profit.

The way I see it, you give the people what they want but most people have bad taste haha

Sadly no cash if you don't own the rights to the music.
Definitely give the people what they want. Last year the Fox was a great hit in my display and even the "too cool" teenagers couldn't help enjoy it.
Anything from Frozen will hit the spot with the kids most definitely.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look deeper into the computer and the scheduler to try and figure what is going on. Interestingly, despite this being an LSP question, my posting about this issue on the LSP forum has remained without response after three days which I guess is why sometimes the first port of call for LSP questions ends up in this forum as answers and suggestions seem to come forth more readily. Just saying [emoji6]

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
How could I have not thought of posting an image like the 1 below.
ghost-of-christmas-past-mcc5.jpg

arw01

Full time elf
logandc99 said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look deeper into the computer and the scheduler to try and figure what is going on. Interestingly, despite this being an LSP question, my posting about this issue on the LSP forum has remained without response after three days which I guess is why sometimes the first port of call for LSP questions ends up in this forum as answers and suggestions seem to come forth more readily. Just saying [emoji6]

Yep it is sad, and this forum has Ken on it who answers pretty fast normally.

MAYBE next year the developers will have more time to be customer responsive. The facebook group responds even faster.

Alan