LSP stuttering during playback

Lost sol

New elf
I am having issues where LSP will stutter at random during playback. It's not a quick split second thing either. It gets hung up, the lights get hung up as well, and then it moves on. I built the computer just for the show and it is running an i7 3770k, 8gb DDR3, and 80 SSD. Nothing else runs on it which is why I can't figure out why this is happening. Des anyone have any thoughts?

dale82

Senior elf
Hey Lost, Is this happening during playback via the sequencer or the Scheduler? I have found on occasion that it will do that whilst playing back through the sequencer but once I load it onto the scheduler it all works perfectly.

kane

Dedicated elf
I did some tests with the scheduler the other night, and I found the same issue - music was still playing, but all lights were occasionally hanging, sometimes for up to 10 seconds. Have a standalone PC this year to run the show - pretty similar spec to yours.

I did a couple things - firstly changed the e1.31 output configuration to be just asynchronous (or perhaps the other option - the default is both options enabled)

Secondly, I changed all the outputs to go to Unicast instead of Multicast. (except my e681 which doesn't support unicast).

Ran some tests the next night, and the issue didn't occur.

So certainly worth checking that side of things out.

burner

Full time elf
One other thing to check is the space available on your HDD. When you put the sequences into the scheduler, leave it sit for about 20 minutes (watch the task manager) until all the processes settle down. It builds an optimized sequence in the background and can chew a lot of GB's of data, depending on how much sequencing you have done. I've noticed that LSP spreads files in c:\windows\temp, \username\appdata\local\temp and c:\programdata\Minleon\clientfiles too. Also, if you get issues, you can check c:\programdata\Minleon\Server somewhere under there for the log file. Look to see if it was successful in creating all your sequences.

rmonty

New elf
If you go to the server tab it will indicate when optimization of a file is occurring and when it is complete.

Ryan