1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

LSP to xlights

Discussion in 'xLights (Nutcracker)' started by sweepa, Nov 12, 2015.

1. sweepa

sweepa New Elf

I , I am making the shift over to xlights and have many sequences in LSP, two questions.

1. How can I export the LSP seq into Xlights
    2. In the setup of xlights how do you add some LOR ac controllers, and add lights to the house preview setup for example non rgb- white icycles across the gutters and around the roofline.

Thanks

2. Gilrock

Gilrock Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    You need to create your models in xLights and then import using channel mapping. It's not a fun process if you are trying to bring in thousands of RGB channels. If you goto our Facebook group there are a couple users who are the best at it because they've done it.

You don't define controllers in xLights you just create models and assign them start channels. And in the Setup tab you define Universes and channels. An LOR A/C channel is just a model defined as a single color channel. For icicles you can draw custom models. Look at my Layout tab below I drew icicles as well as several other custom model shapes. You've got some learning to do and its close to show time. There is a user manual now that's over 170 pages and it's on the same page where Sean keeps the release links.

[​IMG]

3. OP
    OP
    sweepa

sweepa New Elf

thanks yep only have a couple of weeks to get it sorted and sequence, doing it for the kids!!!

4. OP
    OP
    sweepa

sweepa New Elf

hi im having trouble drawing the models in xlights i have named it, it has one colour but i dont know how to complete it, help pls

5. dale82

dale82 Senior Elf

hey, are you able to post a pic of what you are having trouble with? its hard to determine how to help

6. gerry

gerry Senior Elf

Going to be tricky at this time. PM me with your number and a suitable time and I will try and talk you through some stuff. I am in Melbourne.

Do you have your LSP definitions in a spreadsheet , if so , please send to gerardmachado@hotmail.com, so I can have a look.