LSP will not start

David_K

Full time elf
I receive the following message (see attached) when I try to start LSP. This happened to me a couple of months ago not long after I purchased LSP and uninstalling did not fix the problem The only thing that fixed it was when I formatted the computer, any suggestions?

kane

Dedicated elf
I would post this over on the LSP forum - I do recall seeing something about this - I thought it was something to do with both 2.5 and 2.8 being installed together, but could be wrong.

David_K

Full time elf
Yeah I forgot to mention I only have 2.8 installed, I am running windows 8 64 bit, lightshow pro 2.8 advanced.

burner

Full time elf
From memory, side-by-side errors are a result of .NET framework issues. Try to do a Windows Update and see if there is an update for your version of .NET Framework, or try to re-install it.

David_K

Full time elf
I was pretty sure it was something to do with the net framework too when you mentioned it. I have found it near impossible to reinstall it I have run a repair tool still the same message. I have upgraded microsoft c+++ but still the same message. I am really at a loss.

kane

Dedicated elf
David_K said:
Issue resolved not sure what caused the problem.
So it just fixed itself, or did you reinstall LSP, .NET framework or otherwise?

Always good to give as much information as possible, for others that may face the same issue.

Cheers

David_K

Full time elf
Sorry Kane I was coming back to explain what i did as I know how frustrating this problem is, but I have been having problems posting on here with timing out or connection resetting .After much research and failures I did a clean install, and clean install of net frame. Someone said on LSP forum that Net frame would not be the problem in regard to someone else who had this problem also but Iam not sure about that, Unfortunately I did both as part of a process together, so I cannot say one or the other. But I would recommend both.

This happened after a restart, I discovered that windows updates had been automatically done earlier in the day. I think from memory the first time this happened it was after I booted computer up as well. I also found it happened to someone with LSP 2.5 as well. A lot of people say this "side by side configuration" problem is a C++ problem but it was not the problem in my case as I reinstalled added replaced etc.

I did my first light show last year with 2.5 and with this computer and never had this problem, only difference was this time I am doing RGB with E1.31. Hope this helps anyone who may be unlucky enough to encounter this problem.

kane

Dedicated elf
David_K said:
Sorry Kane I was coming back to explain what i did as I know how frustrating this problem is, but I have been having problems posting on here with timing out or connection resetting .After much research and failures I did a clean install, and clean install of net frame. Someone said on LSP forum that Net frame would not be the problem in regard to someone else who had this problem also but Iam not sure about that, Unfortunately I did both as part of a process together, so I cannot say one or the other. But I would recommend both.

This happened after a restart, I discovered that windows updates had been automatically done earlier in the day. I think from memory the first time this happened it was after I booted computer up as well. I also found it happened to someone with LSP 2.5 as well. A lot of people say this "side by side configuration" problem is a C++ problem but it was not the problem in my case as I reinstalled added replaced etc.

I did my first light show last year with 2.5 and with this computer and never had this problem, only difference was this time I am doing RGB with E1.31. Hope this helps anyone who may be unlucky enough to encounter this problem.

Thanks for posting the info - obviously with any software package that depends on underlying libraries, frameworks etc, there will always be issues like this..

Clean installs of both the software and/or the .net framework would always be a good start, even if they are frustrating to do!

Cheers

Kane