Macro Effect issues

signpro

New elf
When I make a macro effect, 2 things seem to keep happening:

1) Extra fades and etc are added outside my selected macro area. I have to go back and manually delete them all, sometimes all the way out to the end of the sequence.

2) The macro effect is skipping some of my elements. During playback they actually show up, but they are not shown on the sequence grid.

Anybody else having these issues?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
signpro said:
When I make a macro effect, 2 things seem to keep happening:

1) Extra fades and etc are added outside my selected macro area. I have to go back and manually delete them all, sometimes all the way out to the end of the sequence.

2) The macro effect is skipping some of my elements. During playback they actually show up, but they are not shown on the sequence grid.

Anybody else having these issues?

The best thing is to do a screen capture of what is happening using something like screen-cast then this can be forwarded to the developer to look into

But the issue regarding the transition writing all the way to the end of a sequence is sometimes caused by not having any timing marks at the end of a transition/macro. This is already in the bug list to be reviewed.

The second issue seems odd and may be more an issue with some channels that may be crossed over from different elements. So i would check that you havent got any duplicated channels in your drawings

remoteutah

Full time elf
Ty for pointing that out, eddy. I was wondering why sometimes it does that and sometimes not. One of the first things you told me was to NOT use interval timing marks, but to create your own where needed. Now I know to drop one at the end of a macro/transition before generating the effect.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Ty for pointing that out, eddy. I was wondering why sometimes it does that and sometimes not. One of the first things you told me was to NOT use interval timing marks, but to create your own where needed. Now I know to drop one at the end of a macro/transition before generating the effect.

Its a long standing bug that i would like to see gone, but the workaround is a very simple one and the issue is not seen if adding a heap of timing marks in your sequence.

The reason i say dont add generic timing marks in your sequence is for 2 reasons, one to decrease the file size and efficency and the other is because its tidier creating your own timing marks in the sequence based on the actual music and not just time as LSP allows you too do that much easier than other software.

G

GoofyGuy

There were annoying artifacts like this in LOR as well. You would click somewhere and end up with a fade from that point to the end of the show sometimes. You would wonder why one string is just on for a while, then you look back and there it is. Ive noticed a few instances of this in the LSP.