Macro effects continue past the end of the macro time interval

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all...

I've always been puzzled by this, but it is starting to irk me now that I am in the heart of my sequencing...

Can anybody tell me why LSP does what I'm showing in the attached picture? Basically, I defined a 2 second period that I wanted to apply a multiple Line Macro Effect... and I get that effect... but on some, not all, of the channels, I get a hanging chad that runs all the way to the end of the sequence... there is no real rhyme or reason to it either... it is on some of the 2' mini trees, but not others, etc. All of my elements are RGB and are setup as one controller per element.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Louie

Attachments

• Odd LSP Macro Effect Visual.jpg
    Odd LSP Macro Effect Visual.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 10

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Forgot to add (as I was posting this over at the LSP forum):

I am running the 2.8.5288.34152 build... and this happens on both my Core i7 920 // 6GB RAM // Vista 64bit & my Core i5 2500K // 16GB RAM // Win7 64bit machines.

Thanks,

-Louie

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Also, I have tried this with two approaches:

1) start a blank sequence with absolutely NO timing marks present

2) start a blank sequence with pre-defined 0.1 second or 0.5 second timing marks/intervals ("the grid") set on the red layer

-Louie

arw01

Full time elf
Three are some gotcha's with the timing marks still for sure. When things get weird, I would change highlight color to one I never used and back.

Also I would maybe try putting a timing mark at the end of the song too, certainly experienced the run wild to the end of the song..

nutz4lights

Full time elf
When one creates such a macro that crosses many elements, there are obviously timing marks that are automatically generated... which highlight color are those applied to? I tried inserting a timing mark on the red and white layer hoping that it would prevent the effects from continuing out to the end but it didn't do anything different... I can't figure out which highlight layer those marks are applied to.

Louie

Porsche

Full time elf
I had this issue last year and worked out why. First thing I do when working with macros is work out exactly where I want the macro or transition to end and then put in a timing mark in at that point.
But lets say your going to do a colour slider macro and you select it to go 3 times, and if it starts the 3rd time around and your near or at the end of the selected macro range, it just blocks out solid colours to the entire rest of the song.

So best way around it I found was to go back in to the layer (right click) and edit it to say only run twice and select U

but 9 times out of 10 a timing mark at the end of the selected macro section before you actually build your marco will solve your issue.

hope that helps.

Porsche

Full time elf
Mines just done it now also. see attached.
I also find its when you select audio timing, I never have issues when I select use linear timings to.
So Ive just gone in and edited the macro and selected Linear timings. and all fixed.

Attachments

• macros.docx
    229.8 KB · Views: 2

arw01

Full time elf
Nice sleuthing. I wonder if working with a WAV file instead of an MP3 might help this. Shockwave over on the LSP forum said he uses those instead of the mp3 to reduce the load on the processor a bit and to not be using the decompression routines. He felt he got better performance from LSP in general with WAVE files.

I'm going to try that with my Let it Go sequence working on today.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thanks Porsche. Late last night I decided to try something similar to what you suggested and it is working. I added another little twist. Like you said, near where the macro is supposed to end, right click and place a timing mark there, for me, I had to do it with the 'white' timing highlight layer on. THEN, just to the left of that timing highlight that I created, I simply click the cursor there. The result is that, when the macro is finished, it ends where it is supposed to, but the single cell where the cursor is is filled with the last color from the macro... one cell to delete is better than 90-100 elements on my 'RGB all' layer.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm pretty happy with what I've got running now.

-Louie