Major release of xlights/Nutcracker: 3.2.0. Non rgb lights

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Matt Brown has again made a content rich release for us.

There are some major technical changes in this release

WARNING!! Techno speak, just skip this section
.. We are now compiling using wxWidgets 2.9.5.
.. We are setting a new compiler option, CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++0x"
.. What does this mean? xLights will be cleaner with minimal memory leaks. xLights already is very slim. It uses < 50mbytes for 20K channels of data to .. either create effects or to run shows. For users this is another step to keep xlights to be a rock solid program.
END OF WARNING!!. Back to normal speak

So what is in 3.2.0?
You can now build models out of non rgb lights or out of dumb rgb lights.

Here are the release notes

3.2.0: Sep 09,2013 - Enhancement: (Matt). In the Model creation you can now select type of string that the model will use. There are new
string types available. You can pick non-rgb strings. These will use a single channel, For preview purposes you can
pick RED, GREEN,BLUE, WHITE as single color strings.
- Enhancement: (Matt). You can now select a string type that is strobe lights. This light will flash 3 times per second
for each bulb.
- Enhancement: (Matt). You can now pick a multi pointed star as a display element.
- Enhancement: (Matt). You can select a wreath as a display element.

This weeks Tutorial on Thurs, Sept 12, 7pm MST will cover the changes.

Thanks Matt!

sean

smeighan

Dedicated elf
kel said:
Another accolade ... Nice work! :D

However, was there anything wrong with this download ... things don't seem as they should :-\

what is wrong with it. I have downloaded it and installed, it seems to be good.

kel

Dedicated elf
It was my fault, Sean ... I had a brain freeze and forgot to restart the WAMP server ... sorry

The xLights//Nutcracker software is looking fabulous and I cannot wait until I have it working with the FPP

Thank you once again

Cheers :)

smeighan

Dedicated elf
kel said:
It was my fault, Sean ... I had a brain freeze and forgot to restart the WAMP server ... sorry

The xLights//Nutcracker software is looking fabulous and I cannot wait until I have it working with the FPP

Thank you once again

Cheers :)

The Wamp server is if youwere running Nutcracker 2 in standalone mode . I am no longer developing Nutcarcker 2.

Nutcracker 3 is part of xLights. This program does NOT need XAMP or Wamp to run, t is stand alone

thanks