making a moving sign in LOR using Superstar

NataleAngolo

New elf
I have a question as I am really a plug and play kind of guy and only doing this my third year/ I am going from 16 LOR channels to 48 LOR channels and 8 DMX channels in 2014 a BIG undertaking for a newbie. My question is can you use 5 of the DMX channels to make a moving reader board type test message sign and the other three channels for bulb? or does the sign have to have its own controller and not share channels?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You will have to post a link of the moving message type display that you are talking about as the matrix type display that many users here use take up hundreds to thousands of channels.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Your controller can be split up into multiple elements, if you choose to use 5 channels for your board reader and the other 3 for your bulbs than there is no issue with that as you then just manage those channels in your software as the appropriate elements and sequence them the way you want.
The controller will do what the software is telling it to do, so you can even use multiple controllers to create a single element because you manage the controllers output and what they do in the software.

NataleAngolo

New elf
AHH and FastEddy thanks always for the great information and giving me a direction to go. I am very green at this and need lots of help as I have no idea what I am doing. I read everything and think I have it figured out then ... well you know.

I guess now I need to figure out the software to tell it to do what I want. I thought this would be simple but there is alot more to it

Thanks again I am sure I will have more questions.

Natale Angolo