Matrix Errors

Baf05

Full time elf
I am built a matrix, using 12v nodes, 42 pixels per row, 16 rows, power is injected at the start of each row,

On full white the colour is consistent across the matrix.

I am using a P2

my issues is there are errors, random lights stay on when they should be off.

Any suggestions?

Boof63

Senior elf
Also what programme are you suing for sequence.
I have found ws2811 run ok at 2400.
errors could be pixels not allocated to universe.
Post shot as gareth has requested would really help
Cheers Boof63

mborg10

Michael Borg
I had similar issues and it was a dud pixel that I had to cut out and replace. Best to replace the one before as well.

That's if it is the same random pixels that are staying on.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Random pixels staying on can be a result of overloading either the network or the computer/program because what can happen is that commands are dropped and so are missed. So you will have lights that dont turn off until they recieve the next command.

So this could be a possible issue depending on what you are running

Baf05

Full time elf
I have my P2 set at 2400.

I am using LSP?

WS8211 pixels at 12volts

Changing the speed has changed the pixels that stay on?

i13

Dedicated elf
I have two suggestions but I'm not an expert.

Try speeds up to 3200; I have 12V 2811 strips and a P2 and used a speed of 3150 last season (longest run was only 204 pixels).

To partly test Fasteddy's idea, try different software that has a reputation for being efficient. If running Windows, you could try using the Windows Task Manager to see how hard the computer is working to send out the data. I believe I had some data loss because my computer's specs were not enough. Having said that, in my case this just made the effects jumpy (all pixels lagging at once, not just a few random ones). I was using Vixen 2.1

Baf05

Full time elf
Changing the speeds seems to help, but I still have errors, when its darker I will post a video.... what speeds are recommended and how do you decide what is the best one to start with?

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i was using a crap computer and had all sorts of troubles with pixels doing as they wanted , staying on wrong colour and changed computer and they worked a hell of a lot better not sure what pc you are using but try and turn off unnesecary applications see if that helps

Boof63

Senior elf
Suggest using "DA e1.31", this just sends data to the lights and you can see if its the lights that are crook first.
If it runs ok then software/configuration may be the source of the error.
I run my P2's at around 2400 but have been down as low as 1600, the real high speeds have never worked for me at all. Can you post a screenshot of the P2's config pages please, then we at least cross that item of the list if its all good. (use smart phone, copy to computer and then insert as attachment as below) apologies if you already know this.
Cheers Boof63 :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
how are you testing this, with the scheduler or the sequencer

If testing with the sequencer then I suggest trying with the scheduler as this is more efficient as it does not require the large footprint to run all the GUI

Baf05

Full time elf
yeah boof63 prob done know what you mean... I have used my ipad to take the screen shots.....

Going to try the scheduler top....

Baf05

Full time elf
So seems I learned a new trick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 14

i13

Dedicated elf
I think your effect configuration should not be blank. You need it to have the same strings as in the string configuration. Your RGB setting will always be the same for each one because you are only using one pixel type from the same order. The reverse setting is used when you've wired the data in the opposite direction to how the sequencer has it configured.
The purpose of the effect configuration is to break the strings down further and accommodate for things such as a section of pixels that is BRG instead of RGB.

Someone please correct me if this is wrong because I haven't done it for more than six months.

Having said this, I am surprised that you have it working at all with a blank effect configuration so maybe that's not the problem.