Matrix is flickering.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Have set up all my lights on the ecg p12x and they all work but the matrix (10 x 90 pixels ink1003) seems to flicker. When i put it on full white in da e131 it is very bright but almost like a strobe. Everything else works fine. I've tried changing the speed settings in the controller. Doesn't seem to make much difference. The only thing I can think of that's different between the matrix and the other lights is part on the matrix is powered by one psu and the other part another. If I don't have a good enough ground link between psu's would that cause this issue. Will put a direct link in tomorrow in daylight. Anything else that could be causing it. I don't think its voltage drop as I have power to every strip through 2.5mm cable and this has been fine in the past. This is the first time I've used a ecg p12 though.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Forgot to mention when i was using da e131 the lights flickered the same on blue/red/green as on white.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
When powering a display element from it's own power supply you do need to have a common ground with the data source.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks David. All lights do have a common ground but it is linked at the lights not the controller/psu. I know this is not as good but hopefully it is good enough. I just moved the controller and the problem disappeared. Apparently it is not the best to leave your controller sitting on a bunch of cables. Hadn't meant to leave it there, it was just where it ended up with all the testing. Anyway problem fixed and the world is a happy place again.