Me

winnieg

New elf
A few years ago after retiring from the army my husband was also retired after 25 years said to me "I want one of those super Christmas homes our grandchildren will go nuts over". That December just after Christmas he passed away not before buying spools and spools of lights inflatables and spot lights. So last year I tried out some of the things I saw on videos. I won 2nd prize in the small town I live in. I am challenged by high winds sometimes 70km gusts or higher.I was given five huge boxes of lights today by a someone who also lights up his yard.
My grandchildren have it in their heads bigger and better. I think it is a way to keep their grandfather alive.
So I am looking for ideas that I can do and afford with all these lights. He also gave me hundreds of indoor lights telling me I can use them outside as well. Is this true? I have a Nativity blow molds I am trying to use. The first year I staked them down with re-bar and wire whitch left the holy family spinning in the wind :D I am lighting challenged LOL

i13

Dedicated elf
Welcome to ACL

Are you wanting to use computer control? The type of controller to use will depend on whether the lights are low voltage or not. The worst type of light sets are the low voltage LED ones that only have two wires between the 8 function controller and lights. If there are three or more wires or no 8 function controller then you should be fine.

Don't buy Light-O-Rama cosmic colour products and don't get an AC controller for low voltage light sets. There are many sellers of controllers so it helps to do plenty of research.

I can't really advise you on whether your indoor lights are suitable for outdoors because you're in a country with 120V mains. Hopefully someone else will know but it might not get seen in this section of the forum.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome51.gif