Mega 60 stalling

AlexB

New elf
Hi All \ Alan,

I'm running a Mega60 out of the DMX output of a P12. I've had it running in testing for over a month now, but never ran for more than about an hour or so.

I did a final test on Sunday night, and my show commenced last night, and i've noticed that at some point after about 2 hours (the show runs for 3) all the lights attached to the M60 go full 100% white and stay that way until the board is power cycled. This happened on both nights - Sunday I noticed it about 5 minutes after it happened, cycled and all returned to normal - but last night I didn't notice until the show finished at 10pm, and these elements were all still on.

The board was purchased somewhere between March and June this year, so I assume it's running latest firmware (says v1.9 on the board)

I'm running LSP 2.8 Advanced, all multicast (all told there is about 600 channels).
I'm only using zone 1 and 2 of the board - zone 3 and 4 are empty, and therefore not powered.

If anyone's come across this and has any solutions, i'm well open to them, otherwise i'll await Alan's advice.

I really hope it's not a faulty board!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Latest firmware is 2.1 and that allows the board to reset the latched up led driver which prevents anything from happening. I hope to have a new firmware out very soon that will make the reset more seamless as currently there is the potential for a flicker on the outputs while the start address is read from the dipswitches.
A pickit2 or pickit3 is required for the firmware update. Firmware 2.1 was announced on http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7872.0.html back at the end of September.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That latching up has been the bane of my life for 2 years now. On the bench I have never been able to replicate the issue but I finally worked out a successful fix for it. Resetting the micro didn't work as it was a latched up bus on the led driver chip. I will send 1 of my PicKit 3's through to you in the post tomorrow.