Mega tree problems

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Guys
I am having a lot of problems with this mega tree. I have spent several days working on it to no avail. Lights dont on lights dont go off sections stay on sections go off. Through a lot of work I have got to this point, please see pics attached. Using the test pattern in the ecg-p2 controller everything seems to work fine. When I try to use LSP 2 large sections fail as you can see in pic 2. I have cut soldered tested changed till I was blue in the face now I am at a loss. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Light strip is LPD 6803.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Testing with R or G or B effects only tests the strips at about 1/3 of full load and any voltage drop issues won't show up.
Most problems with pixels are always power or channel configurations within the sequencer or controller.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi David well I purchased them last year they all worked but there was problems in the sequences from the start some sections would stay on after a part of a sequence but they did all work but we never got to do a light show last year so they have been sitting for a year. I have had to solder pieces in here and there. Shell the first pic is the test pattern with E1.31

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Jump into Chat, we can all help ya out there.

I would do what the others have suggested here and can also suggest xlights as it is a great tool for this kind of testing.
make sure you double check your channels and configurations and everything matches up.

-Blu

David_K

Full time elf
I tried the da-1.31 tool, wasnt sure what I was doing but everything I did do made the lights work correctly. The same with the Jsys test pattern. All lights work. But as soon as I go near LSP all hell breaks loose! I am really stressed out and dont have any ideas left. I dont know if it is my soldering or software or ray wu lights or what, but I dont understand why they work in the test tools but not with LSP. It is hard to explain what they are doing some coolums dont light up some of the colors are in correct. I will be back after dinner if anyone has any suggestions bar self harm which I have already thought of I will appreciate.

mborg10

Michael Borg
With your channel config in LSP you will be using 3 channels per pixel. So the pixel number in you j1sys setup LSP will actually be 3 times that amount as it asks for channel number not pixel number. Best to make a spreadsheet to keep track of it. Make sure you have plenty of power injection too. Inject at each end of every strip.

Gilrock

Full time elf
If all the lights work with the da-E1.31 tool then put the soldering iron away. If I were you I'd trying using xLights and see if you have better luck.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Sounds like a channel configure problem in LSP. If the lights all go in test pattern and if all works with da-1.31 tool (assuming white was fine also showing you have enough power to the strips) then it sounds like the strips are fine and the power is fine. How is the tree setup in LSP? Maybe if you can provide a pic of how you have setup the channels for the strips in LSP and how the output configuration looks for the tree element.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Guys thanks for the input much appreciated, we seemed to have solved the problem even though there is still a couple if issues but we adjusted the output numbers as suggested and things started coming out right.

At one stage the presents were falling on one half of the tree and the other half they were going up. :-\ There is an issue now were at a certain point in the sequence for approx 10 sec the last 7 channels twinkle. We have searched for anything that should not be in the sequence and it is clear.

We even removed the entire controller in another saved copy and it is still does it. But only in that position on the time line. The last stip is brand new only purchased a month ago. Thanks again for all the help.

David_K

Full time elf
Just have a question regarding the test pattern in Jsys, yesterday the pattern was as it is in the pic in the above post, now they are just pulsating on and off any reason why the pattern would change?