Mega Tree star

ShimmerNZ

New elf
Part way through my mega tree build (only another 1k zip ties to go) I thought I'd take a break from it and do the build work on the star to go on the top. After 4 sticks of glue for the glue gun and a whole bunch of rivets (no access to welding gear, let alone know how to) I've finished her. I made add an l shaped strip to the main support as there is a bit of weight in it and would hate for it to bend in the wind.

pic.
star_resized.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYfOs3yIfho

ShimmerNZ

New elf
the star fits within 85cm diameter circle
strips from centre to tip - each strip (5)- 7 blocks of 3 pixels
surround sections each section (10) 5 blocks of 3 pixels

AussieDoug

Full time elf
That is a good looking star, is the main frame box or flat bar? I was thinking I need to change the one I made last year from steel to alloy.

Here is a 1300mm tall Bethlehem star, from memory I think it has 180 INK1003 pixels on each side. Still waiting to get a tree to put that on top of....

FC43ZvUN

ShimmerNZ

New elf
Holy heck that would deserve one substantial tree to go on top of.

Re the main frame, it's flat bar which is why I think I will need to add a small amount of structural support to it. Under strong wind I suspect it would bend which I really don't want to be having to get up there or pulling the tree down to fix.

Roosta

Full time elf
Looks great and similar to what i had in mind.. Infact just ordered the flat aluminium bar today hahaha might have to get some angle aswell for additional strength..

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Starting to look great, but its a long wait for you before you get to show it off for Christmas. You can always use Christmas in July to give it a good run.