"MegaOZ" Mini..

multicast

Senior elf
Just as an idea for 10 points;

How about everyone putting their collective efforts together and we have a really big bash in Sydney, rather than a bunch of smaller ones..It hasn't been done before?? I know its a bit more travel for some folks, but we could do something really extraordinary?

What you think folks?

I'm only suggesting Sydney, because its centralish.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Re: "MegaOZ" Mini..

The Sydney venue is a great setup and some people do come from interstate and over the ditch to attend the mini, but accommodation can be hard to find with the vivid festival. Mind you vivid is something worth coming to Sydney to see anyway. I'm keen for a mega mini in Sydney as I'll already be there.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I can say for certain that I won't attend a mega mini based in Sydney. It's the most expensive of the cities for probably everything and if it is on at the same time as Vivid accommodation could be an issue. Not only that but I hate Sydney traffic even worse than Melbournes. If the mini was in Melbourne I'd be all for it. If it was in Brissie (or Upper Coomera) I'd probably sneak up to Qld for a short holiday. I would love to catch up with a bunch of the members from interstate but that is likely to entail most people traveling 800km+.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
Just as an idea for 10 points;

How about everyone putting their collective efforts together and we have a really big bash in Sydney, rather than a bunch of smaller ones..It hasn't been done before?? I know its a bit more travel for some folks, but we could do something really extraordinary?

What you think folks?

I'm only suggesting Sydney, because its centralish.

A grand suggestion because Vivid does make it a worthwhile trip and the facilities are great. And a fresh seafood lunch to top it off (for those who like seafood) Other food will also be provided

I was told previously if we needed we could use a second room as well which could come in handy

But i still think the local minis are important

mborg10

Michael Borg
Re: "MegaOZ" Mini..

I think the Sydney mini has gone past a mini. Not yet a mega but something like a moderate expo. I don't eat seafood but even I liked the fresh seafood lunch from the fish markets.
AAH yeah Sydney is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

firebug

Senior elf
Nope, the state minis should remain. The little guys/newbs would be more inclined to attend one that is closer to them. Travel and accommodation is out of budget for some people as well. I think the current system works perfectly. The Sydney Mini is already a big bash and open to whoever wants to travel anyway...

AussieDoug

Full time elf
The main thing that would turn me off Sydney is the fish markets over powering smell.

But as an overall, every state needs it's own.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i agree every state needs its own mini if we were to have just one major would there be one in each state in the preceding years but then who gets the next one (which state) and for those who cant travel would only get to go to an expo say ever 6 years

Karob

Let there be Light!
It would be great to have one year a big EXPO

But you will always need the local minis for the newbies who get a chance to touch and feel and form friendships with people who are close to them.

Maybe we start to look at the idea for one in 2016 and after the local minis to give people a chance to save the $$$