MegaTree Impossible

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Finally making some progress with LSP. Made a short sequence for my tree using some of the functions like matrix animations, macros etc. (and thanks for all the help from patient soles on chat dealing with my befuddled questions). Still a long way to go but excited about the possibilites for this years display.
Mega tree impossible

Boof63

Senior elf
Very nice, aiming for similar setup, so pleased to see another "Ray tree" in the working mode!!

Cheers Boof63 :D :D :D :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The upcoming release of LSP will add the 2D Ray tree drawing tool which will make this process easy

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ron d said:
Great job! Tree has a nice spot to be parked in. Im assuming its the wifes spot.

Funny! Unfortunately it's my spot. Took 10 years to get around to renovate the garage to be useable for a car and I go and park my christmas lights in it. Poor car is out in the rain. But at least my tree is warm and dry :)

Logan,

That is the same tree I am building. 12 ws2811 strips of 150 pixel each. I was just trying to get a matrix made and it keeps resetting the row count to 100. How did you get the matrix for the whole 150?

It looks great!

Thanks,
Lee

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Lee_N_the_NorthWest said:
Logan,

That is the same tree I am building. 12 ws2811 strips of 150 pixel each. I was just trying to get a matrix made and it keeps resetting the row count to 100. How did you get the matrix for the whole 150?

It looks great!

Thanks,
Lee

Hmmm, not sure why you are getting reset to 100.
I have my P12S set up so that I have one strip per output and using one universe each ( a total of 12 universes)
In LSP I setup each strip as a controller (total 12 controllers for the tree) and each controller (each strip) is set on RGB and 50 (150 channels).
Then I just did the matrix as 12 columns by 50 rows and it drew it in correctly.
Perhaps just check that each strip's controller is setup correctly, maybe there is a setting wrong there which is stopping the matrix from being drawn in for the whole 150 channels per strip.
I'll try and get some screen captures of how it's setup next time I am on the laptop sequencing.

Logan,
Thank you for the reply, Reading your last post it sounds like your strips are only 50 pixels. Mine are 150 pixels each. I have LSP setup similar to yours, 12 controllers, each controller has 450 (150 RGB) channels. I will have to keep playing with it and see why.
Thanks, Lee

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Lee_N_the_NorthWest said:
Logan,
Thank you for the reply, Reading your last post it sounds like your strips are only 50 pixels. Mine are 150 pixels each. I have LSP setup similar to yours, 12 controllers, each controller has 450 (150 RGB) channels. I will have to keep playing with it and see why.
Thanks, Lee

can you provide a screen capture on you setting up the tree, use screencast-O-matic as its free and easy to use and upload with

Hey Eddy,
I was able to get the matrix completed. Now I am using the matrix animator and was wondering why it does not allow you to select multiple pixels. I have 150 rows x 12 columns to make a grid fill from the bottom up to the top in 75 frames is slow. Any tips on this?
Thanks, Lee

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This has been a long standing request to have the ability to select multiple cells and just drag over a section as pressing every box is very painful and I have a lot of animations to create in the next few weeks