Megatree not displaying properly in Xlights.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
My megatree is 12 strands x 74 pixels. I have set my model up in xlights as six strings, 148 nodes and 2 strands per string. Everything looks good on the preview but when I output to my tree it is all over the place. I am using a p12s and when I run it in test mode everything is ok, so I am assuming it is a setup issue in xlights. Any help would be great so I can get my show going with the megatree working correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Ron.

Mm

Silent elf
Hi Ron,

It's worth double checking your Xlights setup. I had problems because when creating a model I got my numbers around the wrong way and only half of that model came to life. I test mode everything worked well.

Mm

dkulp

Full time elf
mellowcouple said:
My megatree is 12 strands x 74 pixels. I have set my model up in xlights as six strings, 148 nodes and 2 strands per string. Everything looks good on the preview but when I output to my tree it is all over the place. I am using a p12s and when I run it in test mode everything is ok, so I am assuming it is a setup issue in xlights. Any help would be great so I can get my show going with the megatree working correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Ron.

Double check that you are not doing any zig/zag things in the p12s as well as in xLights. It's one or the other.

For me, I would set xLights to be 12 strings, 74 pixels, 1 strand per string. Then do all the mapping in the controller.