Megatree Setup with a F48 Controller and Differential Receivers

Excuse the newbie question, but I'm struggling to set up the F48 via the web interface. I've purchased 12 strings of 100 pixels that I will use for a total of 24 strands. I have a further 100 that I will use for the star. This is my only smart setup for now and will add to it in later years.

My request at this stage is how to set up the F48. I can log in ok, DHCP is working, and can enter and save data on the various screens. Specifically, I was hoping someone can send me a screenshot or guidance of the values to enter in the string port configuration screen.

Many thanks and Christmas wishes in advance :)

Cheers, Michael, Central Coast NSW

My set up is as follows:
1 X F48 Differential Controller
4 X 4-String Differential SmartReceiver v2.01 Board
13 X ETOP WS2811 Addressable BULLET LED Pixel Diffused 12mm RGB IP68 12V DC 100PCS 13.5MM Pigtails
1 X Mean Well LRS-350-12 350W Enclosed Low Profile Single Output 12VDC Power Supply.
X-Lights software

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Honestly, manually configuring everything is not the best way to do it. You should let xLights handle the configuration of your controller to match what you are running.

Open xLights, and on the controller tab add ethernet. Add it in as roughly below which is an example, I do not own a F48, so it really is just an example.

F48.JPG
Go into visualizer and add what you want to the ports like below, close it, then click Upload output and it will configure the F48 for you.

f48 01.JPG

Dr.Venture

New elf
Don't forget to set up 'Use Smart Receiver' on your prop if you are chaining them, otherwise they are dumb receivers (make sure they are set to 0 on the rotary dial and all dip switches are ON. ask me how I know :)

Excuse the newbie question, but I'm struggling to set up the F48 via the web interface. I've purchased 12 strings of 100 pixels that I will use for a total of 24 strands. I have a further 100 that I will use for the star. This is my only smart setup for now and will add to it in later years.

My request at this stage is how to set up the F48. I can log in ok, DHCP is working, and can enter and save data on the various screens. Specifically, I was hoping someone can send me a screenshot or guidance of the values to enter in the string port configuration screen.

Many thanks and Christmas wishes in advance :)

Cheers, Michael, Central Coast NSW

My set up is as follows:
1 X F48 Differential Controller
4 X 4-String Differential SmartReceiver v2.01 Board
13 X ETOP WS2811 Addressable BULLET LED Pixel Diffused 12mm RGB IP68 12V DC 100PCS 13.5MM Pigtails
1 X Mean Well LRS-350-12 350W Enclosed Low Profile Single Output 12VDC Power Supply.
X-Lights software
Thank you everyone for your kind help. I’m away for a couple of day but will have another crack at this on Saturday.
The couple of YouTubes I watched for the F48 didn’t mention how x lights can take care of the configuration. Your advice in the responses received so far are very helpful.

vk3heg

Full time elf
I started with a Pixlite Mk16, and having to manually configure the thing was a pain. I got a Falcon F16V3 for the next year and have used XLights to configure everything since. As the other's have said, use the visualizer to put the props on the port/order you want, and then push the config. Saves so much time and hair pulling.

tmc11755

New elf
Don't forget to set up 'Use Smart Receiver' on your prop if you are chaining them, otherwise they are dumb receivers (make sure they are set to 0 on the rotary dial and all dip switches are ON. ask me how I know :)
I thought 0 was dumb mode? I thought it was 1,2 and 3 for falcon f48v1, and a,b,c,d,e,f for falcon f48v2.