Melbourne/Vic Melbourne PlugFest 2016: What Display Elements can you bring.

multicast

Senior elf
If you are coming and can bring some display elements with you, can you please post here;

The info we need is like this

" Talking Pumpkin head " - 700 RGBpixels, need 6 universes of ACN to control.

or

" 5 candy canes ".. DMX512

etc etc

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I can bring the following stuff if required
-A couple of Raspberry Pi's
-BeagleBone Black
-Octoscrolla
-P10 panels
-5V, 12V, 24V power supplies
-USB open dmx dongle/s
-J1 Sys P2 (without a manual)
-2811 strip
-2811 nodes
-2801 nodes
-2811 and 2801 $3 testers
-12V and 24V dumb rgb elements
-DMX DC dimmers
-2801DC and 2811DC pixel-dc boards
-Cat5 cable
-LOR 16 channel AC board
-LOR-ESTA crossover adaptors
-Extension leads (4 core 13.5mm, 2 core 13.5mm and mains)

Non display elements
-Multimeters
-RJ45 crimpers
-Bootlace ferrule crimpers
-Laptop

I might also have some PEX tubing there as well :D

Roosta

Full time elf
Only element i have completed so far is my kmart stars but happy to bring them along..

10 x Kmart metal star - 10x ws2812 12v pixels per star

Aside from that i have a heap (~250m) of ws2812 12v strip, testers, also have a P2, and a heap of psu's and connectors etc.. should have the falcon f16v2 by then too..

battle79

Full time elf
Assuming I get it fixed in time I can bring my star and it's 400 pixels.

Annoying birds roosted on it and damaged pixel strip sleaving causing a short on first of January. Grrrr.

Could also bring a coro candy cane.

Regards,
Rowan

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Note:- for any display elements that are not standalone (ie run directly off E1.31) make sure you detail the connections and voltage.
For DC elements the pins used on plugs should be detailed and potentially an opposite sex connector supplied. The voltage of it should also be noted.
For pixel elements the pixel type, data and clock pins as well as voltage should be noted.
For any E1.31 devices the login IP should be noted.

multicast

Senior elf
for the purpose of making this stuff work, we really need the elements that your bringing to be somewhat compelte..

THat means, Power Supplys, etc etc. What you are going to have to connect to is;

230VAC and either Standard DMX, or Standard E1.31 via 100M ethernet.

We might be able to get other stuff going, but we probably dont' have time ( or desire ) to be figuring out too much stuff.

buzzdude

Full time elf
I'll bring along a heap of Cat6 2M patch cables \ fly leads \ RJ45 Leads, whatever you would like to call them - they come in two shades of yellow. :)

DSC_0200.JPG

and PC Power cords (great for connecting to power supplies), for anyone that would like some. Thought it may save people a bit of money.

They are left overs from a recent PC Upgrade at work.

Shane

damona

Full time elf
I assume it would be best for all the devices to be using DHCP and have different universes??

multicast

Senior elf
damona said:
I assume it would be best for all the devices to be using DHCP and have different universes??

Once we get our list of devices, I'll assign everyone Addressing, naming and Universe details.. We will actually have some parts of the Network with DHCP, and for those devices that run a compliant Stack, that will be what we will do..

I'm intendeing to demonstrate DHCP / IGMP and multicast.. And also what happens when you dont' have a compliant multicast stack, what hacks you can use to get around it.

livetoride

Full time elf
I can bring Mini trees on tomato cages, Small stars, Shels snowmen cutouts, any amount of Strips.

DavidJ247

Full time elf
I have a few stage/club style dmx fixtures that I use in my display, led par cans, lasers. If there's any interest I could bring a few along, keen to see how these could be controlled in the sequencer software. I also have (buried in the shed somewhere) some old dmx scanners, moving mirror type effect lights, could be interesting to see how xlights/vixen would manage x/y axis control. I've seen some videos online where moving heads are used on a roofline to good effect.
Probably not common to use these types of fixtures in Christmas displays but if anyones interested I can bring a few things along.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
DavidJ247 said:
I have a few stage/club style dmx fixtures that I use in my display, led par cans, lasers. If there's any interest I could bring a few along, keen to see how these could be controlled in the sequencer software. I also have (buried in the shed somewhere) some old dmx scanners, moving mirror type effect lights, could be interesting to see how xlights/vixen would manage x/y axis control. I've seen some videos online where moving heads are used on a roofline to good effect.
Probably not common to use these types of fixtures in Christmas displays but if anyones interested I can bring a few things along.

I'd be interested in this too, I have the same here, a few dmx club/party lights spare at could be incoroporated.