Merry Christmas ACL

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
As we count down the hours until what will be for most members their busiest nights of the year, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on what a year 2021 has been. (I haven't told the other mods, I'm going rogue!)

The pesky global pandemic did not go away and has hung around like an annoying pixel flicker that you just can't get rid of no matter what you try to keep it at bay. As such we've had a few of our members and their close family & friends contract the virus, some of which still have it or are recovering. For those currently in lockdown or isolation, we're sending you our well wishes and hope that you make a speedy recovery and can get to see your family & friends very soon.

We've seen some crazy weather events which has brought us fires, floods and winds, all of which have had some impact on our livelihoods and if in recent times, probably our displays too. Tragically the recent events in Tasmania have shocked the local community and indeed the rest of the country and beyond. Our thoughts are with all of the families impacted by this tragedy, especially those members who are closely linked to the school & suburb. We are thinking of you all during this difficult time.

Shipping delays due to the pandemic and lower than expected quality of pixels have made our hobby a challenge this year, but despite these setbacks we've seen dozens of beautiful displays that have outshone previous years efforts, bringing smiles & joy to the faces of all visitors, something which we all desperately needed this year. To all the newbies who have joined ACL this year and have got their first elements up and working, congratulations! And to everyone who has joined in the past month or so and are looking to start next year, welcome to the hobby and our community. We look forward to seeing what you can create in the new year.

On behalf of the Mods & Admin team, I'd like to say thank you to all members for your continued support to each other within the pages. Special shoutout again to Ryan for his efforts behind the scenes, the site would be pretty outdated and boring without his work. To all the members who step up and continually assist with questions and concerns from members within the forums, chat room, FB page and Zoom room, thank you so much. The level of professionalism, patience and kindness you all demonstrate is really what makes this blinky community shine.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, happy holidays & a Happy New Year to you, your families & friends. Looking forward to a bigger & brighter 2022.

Regards & socially distanced elbow bumps, Graham, Adrian, Phil, Ryan, Steve & Eddy

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
On behalf of the Mods & Admin team, I'd like to say thank you to all members for your continued support to each other within the pages. Special shoutout again to Ryan for his efforts behind the scenes, the site would be pretty outdated and boring without his work. To all the members who step up and continually assist with questions and concerns from members within the forums, chat room, FB page and Zoom room, thank you so much. The level of professionalism, patience and kindness you all demonstrate is really what makes this blinky community shine.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, happy holidays & a Happy New Year to you, your families & friends. Looking forward to a bigger & brighter 2022.

Regards & socially distanced elbow bumps, Graham, Adrian, Phil, Ryan, Steve & Eddy

Graham, has beaten me too it so I would echo the above (thanks for the typing save)

A very special thanks to the admin team

and

A very special Merry Christmas to all the members new and old.

All the best from
Phil

Last edited by a moderator: