Merry Christmas Sign 2.0

bob_moody

Apprentice elf
Some of you may recall that last Christmas (on Christmas day for that matter) a 75MPH wind gust took out our Merry Christmas sign that was on the roof. Sandra (also celebrating her birthday that day..) was NOT amused and proclaimed the roof to be off-limits to decorations... I say that with humor... it really scared her to have that big sign come sailing off the roof...
Enter Merrry Christmas Sign 2.0..... The MC sign was a beloved part of our display and always recevied a lot of comments. It was simple yet it was always a focal point (probably becasue of its size)...
We redesigned it from the ground up. It sports a new frame, mounts on the ground and instead of using C9's to make the dots of each letter we moved to 30mm pixels...
As with all of our projects, we try to document the process. So here is a short "test" video of the sign. The test was put together in about 5 mins using LOR SE (I dont have enough license yet to create and export anything from SS).
There are more details on the build in the How-To on our website:
http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/merry-christmas-sign.html
The how-to is still a work in progress...
The video can be seen from either the BLOG tab on the site or here on Vimeo:
Merry Christmas Sign Test on Vimeo
Thanks for looking and as always comments (good and bad) are welcomed.
Bob and Sandra

Bird

LOR user
As expected from you .. very nice work. :)
I especially like the shimmer effect (although just changing colors) in the first 20 seconds.

bob_moody

Apprentice elf
The test pattern you are seeing was generated in about 5 mins from LOR without SuperStar.
The first pattern is just 5 .1 sec blocks each of red, green and blue across all 219 pixels. The second pattern actually is the LOR shimmer command. The third is simply a sweep of red, a sweep of green and then blue.
Hardware is an E1.31 driven J1Sys-P2 controller.
Thanks for the kudos..
(now if I can just sequence the monster.. LOL)