Milky rgb stars - ray wu

mborg10

Michael Borg
Has anyone used any of these milky rgb ws2801 stars from ray wu.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/978029173.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail
I was thinking of getting some for my garden as I have some spare channels on my p2

Beefer

Apprentice elf
Not yet, but as they're based on WS2801 pixels they should do the job quite nicely.

I'm going to throw a bunch into my next order to try out, as I have a 'blank' spot in my display that could use something like these :)

Blickensderfer

Ohio, USA
I too and going to order 30 of them. But I'm having Ray use the 2811 module at 12v. This way I can place them directly on my mini trees that I'm going to be wrapping with 2811 pixels.

Dan

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
i too have added them to my cart, will need Ray to do some special wiring for me, else I will have to cut and resolder the connections.. hmmmmmmm, probably safer for me to fo it anyway. :)

might grab 1 or 5 sets of them

heres the direct link for everyone

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC12V-WS2801-star-type-pixel-module-6pcs-5050-SMD-rgb-led-inside-1-44W-IP68-ONE/978029173.html

might need to add a small bit of corro over the pixel though as it looks really bright in the centre, I would want a more even spread. But i guess trials will tell.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Blick, Nah Im looking at the 2801 anyway, I just may have a different pin wiring. (as mine apparently is not the christmas lighting standard.... according to Alec :) ) it is standard for my displayt however.

mborg10

Michael Borg
That's cool I want the 2811. Everything else I have is 2811 so would be nice to have the 3 core piggies for everything.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yes, please give us the result, when i say we, i mean me, because i am almost set to place my yearly orders, and am thinking of adding them :p

damona

Full time elf
Any one tried putting 5 lights inside, individual controlled and then using coroplast to separate the segments, or is to too milky to do this?

mborg10

Michael Borg
damona said:
Any one tried putting 5 lights inside, individual controlled and then using coroplast to separate the segments, or is to too milky to do this?
The standard star comes with a disc like LED module. You could ask Ray to just supply covers but I think the stars maybe to small to segment them. I did have 100 of them and they looked great. The milky part gives more of a glow. You can't tell the lights are on in the daytime even with your hands covering the star.