Milky white stars delivered

mborg10

Michael Borg
I received 2 big boxes today with my 100 milky white stars. I got ray to make them dc12v with ws2811 pixels. I also got him to leave the covers off to save on space for shipping. I will screw them on

abutehyr.jpg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
can you link the shop address for these. and more importantly, video or it didnt happen.. :p i havent bought them because they looked small, but would like a first person perspective on then

Karob

Let there be Light!
I am waiting on 5 of these stars to rock up with my order, brought them to check them out but in the 5v 2801 pixel to match in with the rest of the display.

I cant wait to see what you do with 100 of them.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I got the 100 to cover my roof. Should give a nice blanket of colour. If you draw a circle around the points they are 200mm diameter. They will be spaced 500mm apart, so 300mm gap in between. I'm hoping to put some on the roof today, that way I can take a photo and use it to map the stars in LSP.

I got these from ray wu and they were the smallest of his stars, but in happy with the size. The bad part about these stars they are bulky to post and hence postage is a fair chunk, but if I was in the business of saving money. I would choose another hobby.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Here's the link
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/978029173.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail
But I got ray to change them to ws2811 dc12v with 3 pin pigtails. No extra charge but took about 4 weeks.

mborg10

Michael Borg
The pigtails are siliconed through the star. The black base has a lip which slots tightly into a grove on the cover. Just plastic, no gasket. They look ok but I guess I'll know more by January.

Bird

LOR user
Looks like as long as the stars are not completely horizontal they should be fine in the weather.
If you are going to put them horizontal I would simply apply a very thin layer of silicone on the upward facing edge joints. Leaving the bottom side of the stars unsealed for possible condensation drainage.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I'm more worried about the heat an them baking on the roof for a month. I looks like a really hot summer is coming

mborg10

Michael Borg
So I started mounting my stars on the roof, until the heavens opened up. Just have to wait until the roof dries cause I ain't no superman.
vanymuja.jpg

mborg10

Michael Borg
So second year using Rays milky white stars. Mine are ws2811 dc12v. Just running the test sequence atm and you can also see 4 of my candy canes as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOCVSNkMF4