Modeling Mega Tree

Gilrock

Full time elf
I want to model my new pixel tree in xLights but I don't see anywhere that I can tell it the strands zig-zag up and down as they go around the tree. i.e. The top of string 1 connects to string 2 at the top and then the bottom of string 2 connects to string 3 at the bottom. So I have 32 strings with 42 pixels each and I'm using 8 universes to drive each set of 4 strings.

dale82

Senior elf
how I did it was when I created my model in xlights you specified actual strings as output in my case (9) and 100 RGB nodes per string and 4 strands per string and that mapped it out as a zig-zag. I hope that helps

Gilrock

Full time elf
Thanks I see what you mean. That makes it a lot easier to map the channel numbers also since there is a gap between each string.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
CopperCreekLights said:
I want to model my new pixel tree in xLights but I don't see anywhere that I can tell it the strands zig-zag up and down as they go around the tree. i.e. The top of string 1 connects to string 2 at the top and then the bottom of string 2 connects to string 3 at the bottom. So I have 32 strings with 42 pixels each and I'm using 8 universes to drive each set of 4 strings.

we have just 3 prompts
#strings. This is the physical strings you have
# nodes. How many nodes are on each physical string
# strands per string (Or how many folds to make on your physical strings)