More uses for corflute - an anchor light???

Habbosrus

Back again
I've learned a great deal from this forum since finding it a few months ago. I thought I'd share my little afternoon project with you. My sons & I love to go fishing in our little boat, especially of an evening/night. Well somebody (yes, it could have been me) broke the anchor (all round white) light a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I am still out of work so something like a light for the boat can wait, right? Wrong. Put into practice some things learned on the greatest forum ever. I have a length of white 3528 led strip I bought on EBay a while ago. I also have some corflute picked up from the local members office a couple of months ago. LED + corflute + conduit + some wire, solder & hot glue & voila! One new anchor light for the boat. And of course, wouldn't you know it, then wind has just started to blow it's head off. Oh well, it's ready for next weekend now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I like it.
The wind blowing might give you a chance to slap a coat of paint on the boat.

Habbosrus

Back again
AAH said:
I like it.
The wind blowing might give you a chance to slap a coat of paint on the boat.
Ha-ha. My wife keeps trying to suggest the boat needs a coat of paint too. I think the "mottled" look gives it some character and the fish don't care if it's a pretty boat or not. I have plans to strip the boat and re-paint as a project to do with my boys. That will be back on the agenda once I get a job to pay for it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just another great use for Coro.

The boat looks like its had its good share of fishing trips