Mouse Pointer Crosshair for Sequencing

i13

Dedicated elf
Hi all

I was previously a Vixen 2.1 user and I relied on its crosshair feature to align my effects with other effects and to make sure that I was placing the effects on the correct display items. In 2015, I changed to Vixen 3 followed by xLights in 2016. Neither of these had the crosshair feature. I downloaded what I think was this but I found that it never works correctly when I'm using a second monitor. The incorrectly-functioning crosshair was better than nothing but still not as good as the crosshair in Vixen 2.1. I put up with this from 2015 to now. I've now found this (links in description). I tried version 1.14s and at first, it didn't seem to do anything. I then tried version 1.00 and it worked but it made xLights look jumpy when playing the sequence. I'm not sure whether this would affect the output to the lights. I then went back to version 1.14s and realised that it was working but its icon in the notification area of the taskbar was identical to another program on the computer (must be some sort of glitch). It occasionally has trouble with the second monitor but I'm finding this to be a non-issue. Version 1.14s otherwise works.

I hope this is of use.

Edit: attaching the image that was missing

Attachments

• Crosshair.png
    Crosshair.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 11