moutning things to your roof ridge cap like singing faces. Ideas needed

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Everyone

i am putting wire framed singing face on my roof next year right up on the ridge. i have a idea of how im going to mount them on the ridge but thought i would put it out there and see if anyone else has a better idea.

it needs to be light weight and strong as we get high winds.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Steel or tile roof Ben? Makes a difference to how you'd mount them.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
agreed tiled roof if it was a metal roof i would just put longer screw in and mount directly down to timber. right now i wish i had a metal roof

JPB

Full time elf
I made brackets like this and they stay on my roof all year round. A piece of flat steel bar with a right angle on one end with a link of chain welded on to give a tie off loop. The other end goes up under the tile above it and has a screw through the bar and the tile fixing hole.
I know you are wanting to do it on the ridge but you can fit these a few rows of tiles down on both sides of the ridge and tie back to them.
tile clip_sml.jpg

Jon

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
If you want to spend coin the Solar Panel mounting brackets are good. They screw to the tile support brace and come out from under the tile. They are strong and secure and can handle a fair bit of wind. I use them to support wooden cut outs on the tile roof.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yeah i am using Solar brackets for the matrix on the roof it is more the singing faces im focusing on as the matrix is simple
. but Great idea for other items or even further down the back of the roof and angle timber off the bracket for the faces