Movie clips on the P10 Panels

Discussion in 'The Development Lab' started by gerry, Jul 21, 2015.

1. gerry

gerry Senior Elf

Hello Darylc,

At the Sydney mini , you demonstrated a Bart Simpson video clip running on the P10 panels via the BBBFP/octoscroller.

What did you use to generate that ie did you use xLights and if so what options ?
    Within xLights, as far as I know, one way to do this is to take an MP4 video , run the ffmpeg utility to resize and create a number of jpgs and then insert into the picture effect. Was that what you did or is there another option.

2. darylc

darylc Full Time Elf Global Moderator

Thats exactly how I did it :)

3. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Dedicated Elf Administrator

Find Me On:
    this may well be a use case for Vixen3 as you can direct import a movie into a nutcracker effect and it handles the slicing into images for you

4. OP
    OP
    gerry

gerry Senior Elf

Thanks Daryl,

Now that I have my multi synch working , and that took a fair bit of my last few days, i can press on and experiment with more stuff on the panels.

Thanks phil for your help whilst the others were at the expo. I tried so many different attributes and config and network changes .......

Am going to document and post my entire setup and config this week.

Yes xl has a number of very nifty things that when I first started , transitioning from LSP, I just shook my head in amazement .