Movie clips on the P10 Panels

gerry

Senior elf
Hello Darylc,

At the Sydney mini , you demonstrated a Bart Simpson video clip running on the P10 panels via the BBBFP/octoscroller.

What did you use to generate that ie did you use xLights and if so what options ?
Within xLights, as far as I know, one way to do this is to take an MP4 video , run the ffmpeg utility to resize and create a number of jpgs and then insert into the picture effect. Was that what you did or is there another option.

darylc

404 darylc not found
gerry said:
Hello Darylc,

At the Sydney mini , you demonstrated a Bart Simpson video clip running on the P10 panels via the BBBFP/octoscroller.

What did you use to generate that ie did you use xLights and if so what options ?
Within xLights, as far as I know, one way to do this is to take an MP4 video , run the ffmpeg utility to resize and create a number of jpgs and then insert into the picture effect. Was that what you did or is there another option.

Thats exactly how I did it :)

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
this may well be a use case for Vixen3 as you can direct import a movie into a nutcracker effect and it handles the slicing into images for you

gerry

Senior elf
Thanks Daryl,

Now that I have my multi synch working , and that took a fair bit of my last few days, i can press on and experiment with more stuff on the panels.

Thanks phil for your help whilst the others were at the expo. I tried so many different attributes and config and network changes .......

Am going to document and post my entire setup and config this week.

Yes xl has a number of very nifty things that when I first started , transitioning from LSP, I just shook my head in amazement .