mrs kymm's controller unit's

MR_kymm4

Apprentice elf
well she told me what she wanted and here is what she got, I must admit this will do everything she asks of it and more, was heaps better to build then our first one , and the smart box turned out good too.
View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2km1bm2izvw097/Photo%206-9-20%2C%203%2025%2007%20pm.jpg?dl=0

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok9lfg46z6myy2i/Photo%206-9-20%2C%203%2025%2033%20pm.jpg?dl=0

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/va2wyl7hvrzjz2e/Photo%206-9-20%2C%203%2025%2055%20pm.jpg?dl=0

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf5itvzq49so2ob/Photo%206-9-20%2C%203%2026%2008%20pm.jpg?dl=0

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nice looking build. I don't envy the task of putting all those holes into the stainless enclosure :jawdrop:
Are you putting a fan and a vent in the stainless enclosure? Stainless is a terrible conductor of heat so things could get warm inside the enclosure once the power supplies start working.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Love how neat everything is, well done.
On the second box, do you have a vent any where? as a fan won't do anything if it is sealed.

marmalade

cats & pixels
Clean layout. Only suggestion is to tie the psu grounds together at the terminals. Don't rely on the 240V cables, extension boards or any chassis earthing to do this, you'll get crazy weird problems if any of those fail.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Even lights inside Lol. You could wire a button or connector and use them to test a controller output.
Also big thumbs up for the NEUTRIK etherCON connectors on the outside, even they look to be the Aliexpress equivalent :p.

kymm4

New elf
Nice looking build. I don't envy the task of putting all those holes into the stainless enclosure :jawdrop:
Are you putting a fan and a vent in the stainless enclosure? Stainless is a terrible conductor of heat so things could get warm inside the enclosure once the power supplies start working.
Yes mate just waiting on a 90mm hole saw to show up then 2 vents will be fitted

Reactions: AAH

kymm4

New elf
Clean layout. Only suggestion is to tie the psu grounds together at the terminals. Don't rely on the 240V cables, extension boards or any chassis earthing to do this, you'll get crazy weird problems if any of those fail.
Probably can’t see it in the picture mate but they are connected together

Dreamin

Full time elf
That's some nice neat work there mate, looks great. Thanks for the tip re the round cable too, I have one lying around and it will be better then the 90 style ribbon. :)

Where did you get the power injection boards from? I got some hexfuses but then realised removing stuff from the box is going to be a PITA once it's all wired up. :(

MR_kymm4

Apprentice elf
That's some nice neat work there mate, looks great. Thanks for the tip re the round cable too, I have one lying around and it will be better then the 90 style ribbon. :)

Where did you get the power injection boards from? I got some hexfuses but then realised removing stuff from the box is going to be a PITA once it's all wired up. :(

marmalade

cats & pixels
good job on the ground then :) Also not sure how you are planning on using one supply for injection only, essentially connecting that up to a string powered by the falcon will mean you then have 2 supplies in parallel.

Unless the psus are meanwells (or similar) which have load sharing and can do this.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Yeah we are waiting on a round one to show up needed to longer then the one that came with the board
Be careful that it is a 40 pin ribbon one. Most of the round 'IDE' cables are 40 pin connectors with 80 pin ribbon and are not suitable

kymm4

New elf
Be careful that it is a 40 pin ribbon one. Most of the round 'IDE' cables are 40 pin connectors with 80 pin ribbon and are not suitable
thanks for the heads , i think we just wasted $35 then :( i will get the husband to good the correct cable thanks daryl