Multiple Stips connected to one Arduino and Vixen

Uzza

New elf
Hi Guys,

Been a bit of a lurker on this site and thought I should join up and join in the fun. I have a question in regards to controlling RGB Strips on an Arduino. Do I have to have them all connected to one output on the Arduino when I am controlling through Vixen 3? Most of the sketches I have only control one output of the Arduino. Does anyone have an example of a sketch with multiple outputs or do I have to connect my data from the OUT of one strip and into the IN of another strip and treat it all as one long string.
For context I am doing a display which is 3 mini houses about 7 ft high with RGB strips all across them, it represents about 2000 pixels but all the strips are small, ie from side of the house to the window, then from the window to the door etc and want to control each strip individually. I am trying to run about 9 Arduinos in total as Arduinos only handle 300 pixels.

Thanks

Uzza

New elf
Thanks Keith,
Is there a limit on the amount of pixels per output and have you tried this with multiple boards in the one project?
Just want to know if there is any uncharted waters here :D
Will try it out tonight and see how I go. Much appreciated

keithsw1111

Senior elf
There is a limit. I know 128 per output works. Beyond that you are likely to start to see out of memory problems. Pm me and I will send you my contact details to help you set it up. Key file is global.h where all key settings live. I use this mostly with enc28j60 Ethernet boards but it should also work with w5x00 boards.

Uzza

New elf
Ok, will do. Good to know that you use the ENC boards as that's what I have borrowed off a friend but I have the 5100 boards lined up to buy if I get it going as that's what I can get locally quickly.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I find the enc boards better but make sure you use my version of the uip library as it has important performance advantages.