My Control box

Kitman

Full time elf
Well I have managed to finally put my control box together minus the fans, and I must say I think it looks pretty good.

Also even though people told me not to I have managed to incorporate temperature monitoring into my box and have it visible via a web interface running from the raspberry pi, still need to finish off the positioning of the temp and add a few more temperature sensors to the box but so far looking quite awesome.

First picture is of the control box second is the web page that shows the current temperature.

Attachments

• IMG_0417_resize.jpg
    IMG_0417_resize.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 238
  • tempsite.jpg
    tempsite.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 184

Kitman

Full time elf
Well finally have my control box finished off, fan's in and running, all wiring done, all neat and tidy and also finally finished off the temperature monitoring from a website with colour coded temperature read outs from the different temp sensors, all packed into my little box.

Currently sitting on my desk bench testing at the moment with no load and the temp inside is sitting at a nice ambient 25 degrees lol.

Here is a picture of the completed box with the temp overlays and a handy graph down the side to represent what each colour means for easy reference.

Might still put a little background behind the text to make it easier to read but not sure.....

Now to start making some sequences and maybe put my megatree up for the easter weekend as a test.

Attachments

• boxmonitor.jpg
    boxmonitor.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 135

Kitman

Full time elf
hahaha it's only taken me like 12 months to build the damn thing the way I wanted, even made 2 custom circuit boards so that everything is plug and play, the fans, the temp sensors and everything else can be swapped in a matter of minutes or seconds if it fails, and I know if something fails (except the fans working on that) from the web interface I made.

Just need to find the right pin on the Raspbery Pi that I can use to monitor the fan speeds so if one dies I know about it.

kit-808

New elf
Nice box, some more specs would be nice, to copy is to show a sign of respect :)

Have you thought of mounting an external temp gauge?

paddy

New elf
how are the fans mounted to the vents and where did you get the vents from.

Kitman

Full time elf
Pretty sure that the vents I got were from this place.
https://www.switchesplus.com.au/detail/DSE-Hi-Box-60mm-Ventilator-Grey-ABS-Fits-all-Hi-Box-products?r=accessories

They may not have been but I am 90% sure that I got them from there. Those are however the exact ones I got.

As for fixing the fan's I managed to find some Computer case screws that were long enough to go through the fans and into the vents but you could always get some screws from bunnings which I will need for my other boxes.