My first sequence - all opinions and suggestions welcome

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Well I've just completed my first sequence, spent around 30 hours on it learning xlights along the way.
Open to all suggestions comments

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8we42y7rx9vm8e/Santa Claus is Coming to Town.mp4?dl=0

Love it!

Theres a colour sequence @1.41 & 2.40 that I found din't work with the overall sequence as in the rest was done in Christmas colours and then at these 2 locations you hit the 'Technicolour Dream-Boat' colour-spread and it didn't work for me.

Please note that I haven't yet done my own sequence - this is our first year and we are busy "gearing up", so this is an inexperienced opinion!

stormboy2340

New elf
Yeah, the two butterfly affect sections, I wasn't happy with them either. What I wanted to do was some sort of sunrise effect but couldn't work out how to do it, so I just through a butterfly effect in

Mark-H

New elf
I liked how you brought in the same elements at the chorus and ket phrasing. The snowflake effects worked for me as well punctuating the keyboard.
I found it easy to watch and enjoy nut would have to agree with the Rainbow Butterfly comments. Perhaps use the color palette and tie it together a little more.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Wow, first sequence! Impressive. I thought it was great. The different sections of the sequence fitted nicely with the diff parts of the song and with parts repeated nicely for the chorus to help tie it all together.