My Light O Rama Sequence hesitates and here it is for free.

For illustrative purposes, here are the links to the files I am talking about.

http://samnpatti.com/lig.lms
http://samnpatti.com/2014display.lcc

This is a sequence I made for the song let it go and I absolutely love the final product as displayed in my primitive animation, but it always hesitates when outputted to my lights mostly in 2 places. This is when I have a bunch of activity on my 12 string dmx matrix and 12 sting dmx half mega tree. I am using a PC with 16 GB of RAM and an A8 processor which I would have hoped would be plenty. Any suggestions beyond making my show less spectacular?

I'm going to answer my own question. After going down what seems to be the wrong road checking out all my Ethernet connections and traffic and so on, I think I've figured out that when I use the twinkle effect on the lor serial side of things it seriously impacts all other communication. This really ticks me off. I'm gonna fiddle around some more before I just replace all my twinkles. Anybody else have this issue?

dougd

Full time elf
I have never noticed this. I use a lot of twinkle. Are you running your controllers in DMX mode? Nice sequence by the way. Did you use some nutcracker and superstar?

I used some of both. No, not in DMX mode. Just now reading about doing that. Kinda think it sucks that I have to do that.

Well folks, appears that the sequencer gets bogged down with the LOR controllers in their normal mode. So, the tip here (and my solution) is to use an ecg-d2 to control my controllers with DMX. It worked famously.

lightzilla

New elf
I ran a Lor 12 ccr matrix last year running at 500K speed in Aux A & I ran with 7 Lor controllers in normal speed. It ran great.
I know your using DMX but are you using the The USB485-HS 500K from your computer to your Lor network?

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
I know LOR are having problems with memory leakage from discussions of the LOR forum.

From the forum many have suggested that the issue is probably the 2Gb virtual memory limitation of the software (MOST software, not just LOR).

Somebody posted this link: http://ntcore.com/files/4gb_patch.zip to patch software to use 4Gb of virtual memory, which has reportedly eliminated/reduced this problem.

I was just looking at this post again for the first time in forever. I thought I'd answer a couple of things that came up. Yes I was using the USB to serial converter. I happened to have a pci serial card and tried it and that solved the problem. However, I am going to stick with using my cool j1sys DMX converter cause It's so cool. Thanks for helping me while I was panicking.