My personal thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's another thread or 2 around that thank people for helping out but I'd just like to thank a few people for going above and beyond in either helping me out or helping the Christmas community at large. The people in no particular order are

David_AVD . Thanks again David for being a friend, helping out with technical stuff, offering support and the continuing development of da_dmx and da_e131 which include a number of bits that I've requested.

ryanschristmaslights, Fasteddy, Superman, Benslights. Thanks Ryan, Eddy, Steve and Ben for looking after the site and keeping things going here. Ryan especially for the technical stuff you do for the ACL site and for my own site. Without you ACL wouldn't be what it is.

Matt. Thanks for hosting the 2014 Adelaide mini and for again putting up with me for an extended weekend. This year you also had Steve as well on top of the 20 or more blinky heads who invaded your home. The rest of your family deserves a thanks too.

smeighan. Sean you have given so much back to the lighting community with the development of nutcracker and now the ongoing development of xlights/nutcracker and the dozens(?) of tutorials that you have put together that explain so much about using xlights/Audacity/FPP and so much more. Thanks again also for doing a live tutorial for us for the 2014 Melbourne mini.

dpitts. Thanks David for all you've done for the lighting community as well. The FPP is just about the biggest development for Christmas lighting since pixels and it's all for free. I know others have stepped in to do work of the FPP but the initial development was just WOW. Thanks also for what you do for the xlights/nutcracker development and also for joining Sean in the live tutorial for the Melbourne mini.

tuppetsdad. Thanks Bruce for again providing the venue for the 2014 Melbourne mini and the behind the scenes stuff for the mini that I forgot, overlooked etc.

Thanks to all who have helped out not only myself but all of the Christmas light tragics like myself.

Alan

P.S. Merry Christmas to you all
merry-christmas-wallpaper-by-patrice.jpg

B_P_J

Full time elf
Now thats nice, now the Thank you comes back to you. From me and everyone else here and I am sure they will say the same thing, for all your help and advice during the lead up to Christmas not only setting up your wonderful display and creating a wonderful setup full of Christmas spirit and joy for everyone to enjoy but at the same time being on here in chat or repling to messages and emails. So thank you and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Really looking forward to next years Christmas planning.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Alan

Could not have said it any better and totally agree ... BUT.... there is 1 person you have left out... Yourself! You have been a key part of this community and are always willing to help and thanks goes out to you for doing a great job organising our mini this year.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Oops.
I left out Bird. Thanks Russel for distributing the strobe bits in the US/Canada for me and also for my 1 and only ever Christmas card from overseas.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Beacy said:
Could not have said it any better and totally agree ... BUT.... there is 1 person you have left out... Yourself!

Hear hear ! A big thanks to Alan for helping in chat and the forum and being a all round nice guy. :)

benzor84

Apprentice elf
I have to say, as someone who has been a member of this group for only 12 months. this is by far the most Welcoming place filled with some of the happiest members.
Thank you to all the guys for making this place so awesome.
Merry Christmas.

roo

Full time elf
Have to agree with you Beacy, couldnt of done my first year without you AAH. Also many thanks to YL, LL and superman. So willing to always help. Merry christmas to all

Bird

LOR user
Ditto ... Well said Alan
As for me, all I did was pass on all the work you arranged.
This site is full of so many wonderful folks.
Thanks to everyone for another great year.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Ditto to everyone's comments.

Without this community I know that I would not have had any lights on at all this year. So thank you to all involved and to Alan for always being on hand to troubleshoot any issues I've had trying to get my Mega60 boards working properly.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Definitely agree with all the sentiments above. Three years ago when I entered the world of lights to music, to me, DMX could've been some variation on BMX biking, a universe was a gigantic piece of space full of stars and planets, and e1.31 sounded like some kind of viral infection. If it wasn't for the help from so many individuals in the ACL community, I could never have gotten this far. Still learning heaps of stuff and hopefully will be able to start to pass on bits of knowledge to those starting out ( but will probably still leave all that volts and amps and risk of death details to the electricians in the group) .

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Thank you Alan for the help on my pcb's. You helped me get started in a big way. :)

Also thanks for the very thoughtful Christmas card. My wife was very happy to get a card from "Down Under".

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A forums success is guaged by its members willingness to help eachother out and teach others so that the knowledge spreads. ACL has always had that focus and always will
This forum and the wider community are full of these giving types of people that ask for nothing in return except that you share your display and experiences with them.
I too thank all that have made this hobby and community much better for the future, without guys like you then we would not have this wealth of shared knowledge and great hardware/software to play with.