My RGB Lanterns

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I have just made two RGB Lanterns to test. The one on the left is how I bought it, the one in the middle has the supplied diffuser in it and the one on the right has the diffuser replaced with white Coro.
Lantern 1.jpg

Below is how the original one looks pulled apart.
Lantern 2.jpg

Below is the RGB Coro one pulled apart.
Lantern 3.jpg

I think the Coro one looks the best, can't really tell in the video (the one on the right is the Coro one).

View: https://vimeo.com/99204373

I found them at Kmart for $2 (cant go wrong), they come as a solar powered LED unit but I just removed the circuit and battery and replaced with 40mm RGB WS2811. They are small but should look good in the garden path so may have to make a few.

scamper

Dedicated elf
;) They look great, and as you say for $2 you can't go wrong,
We spend hours mucking around in the shed to make something for our displays and so often miss the simple things that are right in front of us.
well done.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Only 3mm. I have used 3mm for all my coro projects except for the back of some items as I would use white on black to make it thicker. No need for 5mm and costs a bit more.

Bird

LOR user
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
any video of them???
You mean like the big picture of them in the first post lit up with VIEMO in the lower right corner and a play arrow in the lower left corner? No .. I guess not then. :D :eek: ::) :D

Benslights

Dedicated elf
no I would not mean that one I want a different one now Bird lol sorry I should have read from the beginning