Answered My show won't start

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I've got my lights hooked up but I can't run my show. I can ping the controller so the connection must be fine. I've checked the address in the lor network settings matches my controller (pixlite 16). It's all the same as last year so I'm guessing I'm forgetting something or have a dmx network cable in the wrong place on either the pixlite or the lor ac controller. I've got my crossover cable in place same as last year.

The LOR control panel is showing

6:07:33 PM: DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10061: Connection is forcefully rejected

Does this mean anything to anyone.

My test pattern on the controller works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
My steps are load control panel, enable scheduler and then I was using show on demand to load a show and start immediately.

The only thing on my computer that's changed since last year is I have windows 10 now. Is that an issue?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Do I need to have that dongle thingo plugged into the USB? I can't remember if I had it last year or not. I haven't got it plugged in at the moment and to be honest I'm not real sure where it is.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Panic stations averted. When in doubt go through the user manuals again. Jogged my memory about the dongle. Found it, plugged it in and all systems go.

Frustration levels are now subsiding along with a bit of heat stroke from set up today.

Happy days. Only two new songs this year and no new lights. Bit disappointed with that but bigger and better next year. Thanks everyone for all your help over the last 2 years. Some videos this year I hope. Will post them up when done.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Good on you for getting it going... Yes the dongle.. Enjoy tbe season..