New coro presents

Habbosrus

Back again
This is my crack at making some coro presents with gear that was already on hand at home. My candy canes were my inspiration. They are not as good as Coxie's, but they look pretty good. The photos and video don't do them justice as they look pretty good in person.

View: https://youtu.be/WqwFJ3VViA0

Attachments

• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMAG0752.jpg
    IMAG0752.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0756.jpg
    IMAG0756.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMAG0757.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMAG0759.jpg
    IMAG0759.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 215

Habbosrus

Back again
Thanks for kind words. I know there are many others out there like me who may struggle to fund new projects so I thought it would be good to offer some options. Not everything has to cost a small fortune. The white coro, back and sides, are old election signs with the stickers removed. The black coro was left over from the "wagon wheels" I made last year. The white coro fronts x 2 were left over from a project done in my first year. I had to buy 1 x small piece for the 3rd front @ a cost of $5. The LED's were purchased from Michael (Christmas @ the Myrtle)and are excess to other projects.
Total cost for 3 of them was well under $40, 95% of which was the LED's.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Good to see the olde leds going to good use.

Your right. Creativity and "having a go" you can come up with some pretty cool cheap ideas.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That's a really cool idea. I made some coro presents last year after being inspired by others but I made them as completely separate presents and then had to get them to all sit nicely together in the display and in the wind and the rain. But your idea of effectively making one structure look like several presents is brilliant.

mitlrpro

New elf
Sorry to reopen an old post.

But I may have replicated (stolen) your idea today. But I don't build without plans...so here is a rough sizing for the presents. I found it easier to build each individually and then cut/re-arrange to suit.

Sizes are based off Habbosrus' original post, using the tube of silicone in his photo to calculate the approximate size.

Hopefully these help someone out.

Attachments

• Assem1.PNG
    Assem1.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 99