1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

New just saying hello

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Wow lights in kal, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Wow lights in kal

Wow lights in kal New Elf

Hi all just new to this site have been member of LOR for some time just thought I would be good to talk to some ppl little not so far away been doing LOR for a few years now this is a link to one of last years songs I did please let me know what you all think

Cheers
    LOR christmas lights kalgoorlie W.A - YouTube

2. Benschristmaslights

Benschristmaslights Dedicated Elf Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    welcome to the group and nice work

3. tooms

tooms Apprentice Elf

Great to see another person from Kalgoorlie!

I think this makes three of us on here now from Kal

4. OP
    OP
    Wow lights in kal

Hi tooms you from kal do you do Christmas lights what street you live on do you do lor dysplay or static dysplay

5. tooms

tooms Apprentice Elf

Hi,

Yep, I'm up on Jarvis in Hannans.

This is what I had going last year .. few random bits and pieces .. IMG 1431 - YouTube

I haven't got anything LOR, I just use vixen + pixels, falcon and pixlite controllers.

6. OP
    OP
    Wow lights in kal

Oh yes I do rember this nice job mate can I ask were do you bye your pixels from been thinking of changing to pixels but $$$$$$$ pixels can get expensive

7. i13

i13 Senior Elf

Most of us order pixels direcctly from China. My favourite seller is Ray Wu on Aliexpress but I email him directly for orders because Aliexpress overcharges for postage. Ray Wu is tried and trusted by ACL members with the only downside being that he can be slow to get orders ready and posted. No complaints about the pixel quality except for the 12V nodes. Another seller is the ACL member benbrown.

The pixel controllers are usually bought locally. You could try asking if darylc has any F16v2 controllers in stock or wait for the next group buy. Another good option is the PixLite range from Advatek. Like the pixels, the exact controller you choose depends on your needs. This is a comparison page that has some of the options http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/

8. OP
    OP
    Wow lights in kal

Wow thanks for that mate yes have looked at Ray woo most of the time I go with lor I bye all my stuff from creative lighting displays in the USA Kevin from there is great he has helped me so much always willing to give me any info I need

9. tooms

tooms Apprentice Elf

Yep .. most of my stuff has come from Ray-Wu, some pixels I started with I got originally from Advatek Lights - http://www.advateklights.com/, I also shopped with some mob in the states in the US called Seasonal Entertainment - http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/ early on .. I think once you figure out what you want and need Ray-Wu is probably the cheaper option.

I have some 'off-cuts' of strip and square node you're quite welcome to come and borrow and test out if you want to have a play with pixels.

10. bluzervic

bluzervic 65,768 Channels, 185 Universes

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL, my favorite place all year 8)

Jump into chat and say hi

-Blu

11. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL, I hope the forum can be a good resource for you