New Member Greeting from Decatur, IL, USA

stevehohm

Steve Hohm - LIFE Lights
Hi all. Just wanted to greet the forum. I have done Christmas lighting for one year, using Lightorama controllers. However, this year, I am diving in to the RGB world and merging that with the other control system. I am learning more and more every day about the hobby, and want to gain as much information as I can.

I now have 12 CCR's, and am looking at how to convert the whole system over to running Xlights Nutcracker on a DMX based system. However, I am feeling a little lost in the journey.

I am the associate pastor at a church in Decatur, Illinois in the U.S.

Thanks in advance for the many things I expect to learn from you all.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
I imagine being that far north you'll have plenty of that cold white stuff come Christmas time.
Plenty of LOR users here and a fair number making use of xlights and nutcracker. I'm thinking of using xlights to do a bit of the fancy pixel work but still running LOR for my show. The interface is easy and reliable.

dougd

Full time elf
Welcome aboard. Many of us are in different stages of that journey this year.

Click on that chat button when you have some spare time, hopefully you catch someone alive at that point in time to answer any questions you might have. It is a good resource to take advantage of.

stevehohm

Steve Hohm - LIFE Lights
Thank you, AAH and dougd. I am already learning from the "Understanding How It all Goes Together - DMX & E1.31 Layout Diagrams" powerpoint by fasteddy. This is going to be so much help. Thanks for AusChristmasLighting and the help you bring to the hobbyists.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Steve

The great thing about this forum is all the friendly people willing to help your CLAP get worse.
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! You will find a great deal of help and guidance here. Stop by chat and say hi, and don't be afraid to ask "dumb" questions. We've all been there.
Again, welcome.
John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, im sure you will find all the answers you need here and if not then just ask and im sure someone will be able to help

Mcas4380

Apprentice elf
Welcome, From Springfield IL. LOR user here and tring to learn and add RGB as soon as the Finances allow. since we are not far If you got any question I can assist you with feel free to ask. As I'm sure you already know this place is packed with info and friendly people so enjoy

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
stevehohm,
Welcome to the forumn. You will find all you need to get the results you are looking for here.
A lot of the people here are LOR users & some have crossed into other programs more to their suiting.
However you will find that any questions you may have will get answered & sometimes by many members....lol
Have a good time & drop into chat when you feel ok with it.....

oldmanfathertime1000
(Louisiana)