New Member in Tasmania

Muttley

New elf
Hi All,

I'm Greg, living in Cygnet Tasmania. I don't have a show this year as my plans were just to run a few strings of lights around the gutter line of the house using WLED. While setting them up I found how easy it was to integrate with xLights and after watching some of the excellent xLight seminars by Keith, I found my way here.

I've already started on getting ready for next year and looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Regards

Snitz87

Lights on Temira
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. We have a few members on here from Tasmania so you might be able to find some local support, make sure you have a read of the 101 manual it's a life saver when you are starting out. Also if you get stuck jump in the Chat and there is always people in there who are happy to help you if they can.

justintas

New elf
Welcome Greg, as mentioned above there are a few here from Tasmania. You will find this site really helpful and the members provide great advice and support. Enjoy the fun !! Cheers Justin

Muttley

New elf
Thanks all. Yes the 101 manual has been great. I can't say I've read it all yet but it has already helped me out on a couple of items.

I am interested in what times people run their shows in Tasmania. It stays light for so long. Curse daylight saving.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, don't forget to check the Wiki for suppliers of all the products you'll need.

In response to show times, I run 7:30pm till 9:30pm Sun to Thur and till 10:30pm Fri and Sat nights. Then last few days before Christmas till 11pm. Earlier finish during the week so neighbours don't get annoyed by traffic. I can extend the show by 10 minute intervals if there's still a few cars towards the end of the normal show time.