New Member.

Dean

New elf
Hi, My name is Dean I am a 39 year old Married Father of two currently residing in the South West of Western Australia. I have been doing some form of Christmas lights for a number of years but I have just been using the ordinary shop bought lights and now I would like to take it to the next level. I have been looking at all of the fantastic displays on this site and can see quite a lot of things that I would like to try. The bit I am struggling with a little is trying to work out what sort of lights are creating some of the effects I am seeing in the online Christmas displays as there aren't many displays in my region that have gone down the automation path yet to go and have a look at. Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome39.png

Adam007

Adam007
Welcome Dean.

maybe start of by linking some of the effects you are talking about (you can post the video, and tell us the timestamp of when the effect is on)

Enjoy your stay :)

kane

Dedicated elf
Welcome Dean

There's certainly not a huge amount of people in across WA with animated displays, let alone down your way. But you'll find this forum is a great source of information, and you'll get a lot of help getting on your way.

If you happen to be in Perth over the chrissy season, make sure you lookup some of the displays and try and tee up a time to chat to people, as it's a great way of learning.

As Adam mentioned, definitely worth linking to the effects you're talking about, as we'll be able to let you know what you need to look at in order to get started.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Lots of great help and advice here. As bird has mentioned the ACL 101 manual will help you get a start in having an idea on whats involved