New release of xlights/nutcracker 3.3.3 AND Tutorial Thursday, Apr 3 at 7pm MST

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Well it has been two months since the last nutcracker release! Wow, normally we have been averaging 4 per month.

So, I better get busy.

Release 3.3.3. Download new version from http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/

LSP Export now works!! A big thanks to Tom Langley for helping me reverse engineer the Patterns file for LSP 2.8.
The Text effect now has 4 lines of text instead of 2. If you put text in both Effect 1 and 2 you could have 8 different text strings, each going a different direction, each with their own font.

3.3.3 -Enhancement, requested (djulien): add Copy Effect Across Row menu item; copies selected cell (random effect) into other cells on the same row
-Enhancement, (sean) Added two more lines of text to text effect. Now you can have 4 lines of text.
-Bug fix (sean). Fixed LSP export. Yeah!
-Enhancement, requested (djulien): allow user-specified format string with Countdown Text effect; format is <delim>target-date<delim>format-string
for example: #4/1/2014 12:00:00#only %S seconds until noon on April 1!
NOTE: don't use "," within Text; there is an XML parsing bug in xLights when the file is reloaded
-Enhancement, requested (djulien): copy same random effect to all unlocked cells horizontally when Shift key used with Create Random Events button
-Enhancement (djulien): write playback checkpoints to file for crash monitoring
-Enhancement (djulien): add flag waving option to Pictures (useful for 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc)

I will give a tutorial covering this release on Thursday, April 3rd.
Topic: content of 3.3.3 release. Focus on exporting to LSP.
When: Thursday, Apr 3rd. 7pm MST, 9pm EST

We will be using teamviewer. Ill start session at 6:45pm MST

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v8/m93271823

Meeting ID: m93-271-823

If you have a headphone click on the "Voice over IP" on the Teamviewer menu and unmute your headphone to be able to ask questions.

A BIG thanks to Don Julien. Don added 5 items into this release,, I added only 2.

thanks
sean