1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

New sequence from Lilia: Frozen, Let It Go.

Discussion in 'xLights (Nutcracker)' started by smeighan, Apr 4, 2016.

1. smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

New sequence from Lilia: Frozen, Let It Go. https://vimeo.com/161441186

I also added a trick to simulate my projector playing a movie on my garage door. My last channel was 48,000. I created a horizontal matrix that was 40x50 starting at channel 50,000-62,000. I dropped the frozen.mp4 movie file onto a MOVIE effect from the very beginning to the very end of the sequence on that matrix. Now when I play the sequence I can see what the movie looks like on the garage. I do not actually have any pixels on the garage so I am generating extra stuff in the fseq I will not use. It increased the save time 10%, total file size was 245mbytes, so not bad. When the fseq file is sent to the FPP, I will not map anything above 48,000 so the extra channels are just ignored.

2. Boof63

Boof63 Senior Elf Generous Elf

as usual great effort, have to say the windswept effect right at the start really captures the video for those who have actually seen the movie. excellent effect!!! :D
    'thanks
    Boof63

3. OP
    OP
    smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

Well, Lilia finished Let It Go. She did not know that I was putting a video to her sequence. After she saw the video in the preview, she modified parts to match motions in the video better. I will leave the first video (at the top of this post) so you can compare the changes. Here is the completed version. https://vimeo.com/161643863