New to ACL

Lightson

New elf
Hi all. Just wanted to take a brief moment to say I just joined the ACL community. I have been a member of the Light-o-rama community for approximately three years. This past Christmas was our second animated Christmas light show. We also do Halloween. We started our first animated Christmas light show in December 2012 with what started out to be 32 channels but until I had finished programming and building props we ran 128 LOR channels controlling approximately 20,000 lights. Christmas 2013 we expanded even more, doubling our LOR controllers 256 channels controlling nearly 70,000 lights. Our display this past season consisted of 3 four color spiral trees, 3 five color Mega trees 32 mini trees, 6 tomato cage trees and miscellaneous yard art, plus five colors on the roof edge windows and doors, approximately 98 percent of our lights are LED strands.
For the upcoming 2014 season, we will be looking to start incorporating some RGB fixtures such as floods into our display. In reading and researching the LOR forums, many in the community recommend that ACL is the place to garner much knowledge, so here I am. Going to start reading your community posts and watching the instructional videos you have to try to get a good understanding of how the RGB devices get configured, set-up and sequenced. I hopefully will not be a pest to those in your community, but am certain I will have questions as I try to garner knowledge in this new endeavor, please be kind and patient as I too try to garner this knowledge as I am sure some get tired of questions being asked. Thanks much for your early understanding.

Herb (Lightson)

harrison0550

Full time elf
The 101 manual is a great place to get your feet wet.........
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html
Welcome_%281%29.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, lots of great info and members to help you in your endevours, so feel free to post any questions you have and to also pop into the chat room and say hi.

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Welcome,
You will find that the LOR stuff you have will mix & work just fine together with all the new RGB Pixel stuff.
You can run many different networks form your computer. USB & E1.31 do fine together.
Drop into Chat & hang around for a while & get to know us....We all been there & can help you gain much knowledge.
I am in Louisiana.....

mborg10

Michael Borg
Welcome to ACL. Sounds like you already have the CLAP but I must warn you, once you get into RGB and pixels it opens up a while new world.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Herb
There is never a silly or dumb question in these forums or in the chat room, so ask away.
Sounds like you will be able to teach us a few things as well. :)