New to all of this

The Bald Boy

New elf
Hi new to all of this and this site seems to be at the upper end of knowledge.
I was hoping to set up some new pixel lights for christmas but I need to know so much more now. Not as simple as I thought it would be.
In saying that, will there be an order for the Falcon F16 V3 in the near future?
Cheers

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hi new to all of this and this site seems to be at the upper end of knowledge.
I was hoping to set up some new pixel lights for christmas but I need to know so much more now. Not as simple as I thought it would be.
In saying that, will there be an order for the Falcon F16 V3 in the near future?
Cheers
Probably won't be another one this year, but ask around, someone may have a spare they are willing to sell you. Otherwise if you are willing to pay a premium, you can order direct from the U.S.
If you haven't already, download the acl 101 lighting manual and have a read, at the very least, you will get a grasp of all the jargon
The first year I got myself a controller, some lights and power supplies and downloaded all the software packages that were available and had a play.
I settled on Vixen and still use it now, it has only gotten better and is now a lot more user friendly than it was.
Once I got the lights flashing, I started dreaming of props I could make and ordered more lights and power supplies as I could afford them.
I would save them in a watch list on ali express and as soon as there was a special or the exchange rate was right, I would buy.
That year I didn't have enough controlled lights for a display, so added many uncontrolled Big W lights for fill. But I was hooked and now had an idea of what I was doing.
As soon as you see those lights flash when you want them, the clap gets you.
Welcome, have fun and ask anything, remember the only dumb question, is the one you didn't ask.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL!
Contact @darylc directly through a CONVERSATION as he may have a couple left over from this year's bulk buy for Aus.
Placing an order for pixels via our recommended overseas vendors is probably the safest bet, but as everyone around the world is ramping up towards December, there may be some delays in getting the items delivered in a timely manner. It's not impossible to get something going for this year, but time is ticking and depending on your skill level and ability to learn quickly or not, may take away some more time.
My advise is don't rush into buying something just because you want flashing lights this year. You may end up regretting your purchase if it's not the right thing for your needs in the future of your display. Take the time to study and research and ask as many question as you need - we've heard them all before but this site & community is all about helping each other.
Browse the forums, read the 101, post your questions or jump into chat at any time :)

Cheers, Graham

The Bald Boy

New elf
Probably won't be another one this year, but ask around, someone may have a spare they are willing to sell you. Otherwise if you are willing to pay a premium, you can order direct from the U.S.
If you haven't already, download the acl 101 lighting manual and have a read, at the very least, you will get a grasp of all the jargon
The first year I got myself a controller, some lights and power supplies and downloaded all the software packages that were available and had a play.
I settled on Vixen and still use it now, it has only gotten better and is now a lot more user friendly than it was.
Once I got the lights flashing, I started dreaming of props I could make and ordered more lights and power supplies as I could afford them.
I would save them in a watch list on ali express and as soon as there was a special or the exchange rate was right, I would buy.
That year I didn't have enough controlled lights for a display, so added many uncontrolled Big W lights for fill. But I was hooked and now had an idea of what I was doing.
As soon as you see those lights flash when you want them, the clap gets you.
Welcome, have fun and ask anything, remember the only dumb question, is the one you didn't ask.
not sure how to reply to these messages but great advice :cool: